Embedded in every aspect of Harbour Asset Management’s culture and operations is their commitment to exceeding client expectations through service, communication and transparency. As an early adopter of responsible investing practices, they look to provide their clients with investment solutions that are sustainable while creating great returns. Their leadership practices recognize the value of their team to the business, evident in the culture they have crafted and the opportunities available to deserving team members. The Role
This is a newly created role in a growing team at Harbour Asset Management. You will be contributing to the Harbour equity team through operational support, working with colleagues such as portfolio managers. The role is one that will allow a person with sound analytical skills and a keen interest in financial services to grow their knowledge of financial markets.
Working with an established team, you will be supported by knowledgeable and experienced peers and will support the team in providing investment managements services for a range of clients, including Kiwisaver funds, charitable trusts, iwi, government institutions, corporate superannuation funds and financial advisors. The role will provide regularly updates on fund performance and will be developing presentations that effectively communicate information and data from a range of sources.
Harbour Asset Management’s success is greatly supported by the culture of the team. This includes a commitment to client excellence, a collaborative and inclusive culture and the highest ethical standards to meet the responsibilities that they hold to their clients. While this role will involve the need to be focused and applied in your work practices, the ability to contribute to a broader team and to delight in doing so, is an important personal attribute you will hold. Key Responsibilities include:
- Daily fund updates
- Updating regular analytical reports, models and quantitative screens for the equities team
- Co-ordinating and preparing ESG scores and reports
- Assist and, in some cases, lead in preparing client reports and develop presentations gathering data and information from a variety of sources
- Over time the role may have exposure to implementing equity and foreign exchange transactions for the team
You must have excellent literacy, financial and mathematical skills. Your experience in analysing information and data will demonstrate that you’ve developed a strong intuitive ability for uncovering potential problems and are able to suggest appropriate solutions.
We are open to considering a candidate with a variety of investment experiences and backgrounds. The key is that the role has a significant reporting, “numbers” and accuracy focus and relevant experience in this area is required.
- One to two years’ experience in financial services or consulting
- Relevant degree qualification with strong academic results
- Strong level of excel knowledge
- Experience in Bloomberg would be an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail
- A demonstrable interest in financial services or related areas
We’d love to hear from you if feel this role is a fit for your skills and experience. Please apply with a cover letter and your CV by 28 January 2020.