Method are the makers of beautiful office recycling bins, designed and manufactured in New Zealand. Our products can be found in the world’s most influential workplaces. We are transforming the way businesses commit to sustainability through our innovative approach.
Since our launch in 2015 we have been winners of two Deloitte Fast 50 awards and numerous reputable business awards for: Emerging Business, Sustainability, Innovation, and Design - The most recent win being this Month, Dec 2019. We have helped divert nearly 100 million tonnes of rubbish from landfill over the past eight years.About the role
As Financial Controller you will drive the financial success of finance at Method, creating sound financial strategy, business planning and setting key metrics to drive our business through it’s next stage of growth. You will work closely with the senior leadership team bringing our business plan to life, ensuring day to day finances are robust and well run right through to ‘hands-on’ working with financial reporting processes.
- Be responsible for day-to-day financial management and reporting.
- Help set financial strategy and provide sound financial advice for our fast-growing business.
- Implement robust forecasting processes (with a focus on revenue, inventory and expenses).
- Set key financial metrics, review cash conversion cycles, perform margin reviews and implement pricing strategies.
- Lead/ oversee the work of one accounts admin team member.
You will have a sound background in financial management. Having worked in a product focused business you will know the hurdles and love the challenge! You will:
- be an accountant with previous experience in a product-based business.
- bring significant financial management experience, (ideally 4+years).
- have demonstrated competence in financial planning and management.
- have the ability to influence and build robust relationships.
- be generally Tech-Savvy (we use Xero so it’s a plus if you are Xero accredited).
- Ideally be CA qualified.
You will be a superb communicator with excellent attention to detail. You will have the grit, determination and focus to stay calm in an exciting, dynamic environment. Why join Method?
This is an excellent opportunity to be truly valued for your area of expertise. You will get close to the heart of the business and over time will likely contribute in a much broader way than solely finance.
More than a recycling company, we’re a place where your potential will be nurtured, and your ideas encouraged as our business continues to scale up; we like people that are willing to contribute to shaping our future.
Ready to join a team supporting customers on their sustainability journey and be a part of positive change to the world we live? - apply now with your cover letter and CV. Applications close Tuesday 28th Jan or as soon as the right candidate applies. Enquiries to Nicola 029 770 7936.
*Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.