We are Viclink - Victoria University of Wellington’s commercialisation and knowledge services office. As part of the university, Viclink aims to be the acknowledged leader in successfully taking Wellington’s knowledge to the world. The Education Programmes team promotes the value and purpose of Viclink to staff and students at the University, and specifically engage with the Faculty of Education to identify opportunities to deliver large scale education programmes in Asia, the Pacific and the New Zealand education sector. We’re proud that this is an exciting place to work and we are looking someone who has the vitality and attitude to join us on our journey. The role:
The purpose of the Senior Programmes Manager – Education is to deliver on the Education Programmes Strategy, which includes partnering with the Faculty of Education, other Victoria University Wellington expertise, and external parties as required and being involved in the implementation of the KiVa Bullying Prevention Approach in NZ schools. Working as part of the Knowledge Services team the key responsibilities of this role will include:
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Providing leadership and direction on the development, implementation and evolution of the Education Programmes Strategy and Business Plan.
- Leading the design and development of education products and services for the domestic and international education markets.
- Carrying out performance management and appraisal processes with all Education Programmes staff.
- Procuring and managing resources effectively and within budgets to achieve required outcomes.
- Ensuring that Contracts are delivered in accordance with agreed outcomes and indicators.
- Meeting reporting and other administrative requirements.
- Up to date knowledge and application of regional and national educational priorities and practices
- Initiative and can originate action to achieve results with the ability to prioritise based on organisational goals
- High standards of performance for yourself and others
- Proven people management skills and experience and can tailor your style to individuals
- A collaborative nature and show a commitment to best practice
- The ability to encourage others, communicate in an articulate manner and have the power of persuasion
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to work effectively and efficiently e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
This is an ideal role for someone with experience in successful leadership and management of staff, financial and budget management and designing programmes to suit a variety of clients.
If you have experience in teacher professional development, have comprehensive knowledge of the New Zealand Curriculum and current assessment practices and a commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi then we want to hear from you.
Post-graduate qualifications, current New Zealand registration and practicing certificates and experience in sales and marketing would be advantageous but are not essential. What’s in it for me?
Working at Viclink you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact in the education sector and contribute to other meaningful programmes of work within our wider group. If you’re a life-long learner then this is just the place for you, we offer access to a wide variety of workshops for you to continue to learn and develop. Other benefits include a subsidised onsite gym membership, free health and wellbeing events, and 5 extra annual leave days! Next steps
If this role sounds like you and you’re interested in joining a small, close knit and ambitious team, please apply now via the Seek link with a cover letter and your CV – we’d love to hear from you right away!