Jarden (formerly FNZC) is a leading, locally owned, share broking and investment banking firm. It has a formal strategic alliance with Credit Suisse which provides access to offshore investment banking services, research, industry and product expertise, global securities distribution and underwriting capability. Jarden advises on wealth management, investment banking, institutional equities, financial research services, fixed income and sales trading. The firm advises some of New Zealand’s largest companies and high net worth individuals and families.
About the role
Rapid growth across the business has created the need for a People and Culture Payroll Administrator. You’ll sit in the very heart of the business, providing operational and project support to a small, budding People and Culture (‘P&C’) team. You will have ownership of our payroll services, and a key focus of this role will be to optimise P&C processes inclusive of payroll and ensure the employee experience is delivered to a consistently high standard. A typical day will see you;
- Coordinate on-boarding and induction of new employees with external and internal stakeholders and off-boarding of exiting employees
- Prepare employee documents and maintain databases and org charts to a high standard
- Identify and implement opportunities for automation/process efficiencies across P&C
- Be the ‘go to’ for HR/payroll queries and provide ad hoc project support to the P&C team
- Manage the monthly payroll and out of cycle pay runs for the Group
- Ensure we’re up to date on all IRD payday filing obligations and other stat requirements
This is a highly rewarding role, and these are just some of the reasons why;
- You’ll be joining us during an exciting transformation period
- Your learning journey will soar, working closely with our Chief People Officer and P&C Advisor to deliver respected solutions to our business
- Let’s be honest, we all love pay day - so you’re bound to pick up kudos for your efforts there!
- You’ll also relish contributing to the ‘feel good’ stuff i.e. supporting well-being and development and initiatives.
You’ll come to us with a background in Human Resources or administration, ideally in a similar role and possessing (or working towards) a relevant qualification. Your ambition to take your career to the next level will be part of why you’re interested in working in our accomplished, supportive team.
Key to your success will be;
Have we ticked the boxes on your ‘dream job list’? We hope so! Please click the 'Apply Now' button below and send us your CV and a cover letter telling us why you would be a great addition to the Jarden P&C team. Applications close on Thursday 26th July, however we will be reviewing applications throughout this period. You must hold a valid NZ working permit to apply for this role.
- a friendly approachable manner backed with exceptional client service skills
- a logical and proactive approach to problem solving and an excellent eye for detail
- exceptional excellent written and verbal communication skills
- self-motivation and enthusiasm with a strong work ethic and collaborative working style
- strong prioritisation and administration skills.