Wunderman Thompson is a creative, data and technology agency with a family feel and global reach. We believe in simplifying and we do that by making things simple – for our people, our clients and their users. Creating beautifully simple digital tools, products and places is what our technology team does best. We’re proud to have partnered with many organisations across NZ and globally, to deliver impeccable digital content, progressive web applications, complex websites and business-to-business systems. We love what we do and we are looking for someone special to join in on the fun. What you’ll be doing
You’ll work closely with your squad to design and develop technical solutions across our clients’ initiatives, of which there are many, big and small. Due to the nature of our business, variety in the work that you do and the clients you are working for, will be a plenty. This means you’ll work across a range of digital properties. Initiatives can range from 18-month engagements to short bursts over several weeks so, you must feel comfortable working at pace, with multiple clients and managing competing priorities.
The scope to think differently and manage your workload and developments in this space, will be all yours with the support of your leader if needed. There is a real sense of ownership with the way we operate in squads, so the opportunity to experiment and shine is ready for the taking.
A typical week will see you:
What you’ll need to do it
- Collaborate across your squad to understand our clients’ business needs and ensure desired outcomes are achieved
- Produce robust high performing back-ends and server-side components that fall within the timeline and budget of a client’s initiative
- Create working prototypes to illustrate the structure and interactivity of each digital experience
- Identify and prepare coding conventions and technical guidelines for us and our clients
- Participate in product idea gatherings (sometimes outside your core role) and peer code review
- Work with the development team to proactively discover new tools and practices to improve the quality of our work and the way we deliver it
- Play your part to maintain our reputation and support our collective, vibrant culture
Ideally, you’re active in the Open Source community and bring a wealth of experience in back-end development. If we’re being fussy, you’ll most certainly bring…
- PHP framework experience
- You’ll be all over best security practice
- Familiarity with REST and SOAP API’s
- Experience with a version control system such as Git
- Experience creating and maintaining reusable libraries and managing library releases
- It would really be the icing on the cake if you have worked with SilverStripe or Laravel (or similar framework such as Symfony)
Your fresh approach, curiosity to explore and keenness to succeed will set you apart from others. Your worldly yet understated approach and extensive know-how will not go unnoticed. A fascination for continuous research and development to help us select and propose the best technology on the market will be appreciated. Why us?
At Wunderman Thompson, we’re a curious, broad minded, creative bunch of people from a range of different disciplines. We love to make things that make life simple for our clients and for the people on the other side of the screen.
We’re collaborators and problem-solvers, with an eye for detail, a passion for excellence and open minds. We’re huge supporters of diversity in our workplace and our hiring process, and believe that sustainability is just as important in the digital world as the analog one.
As a bunch of good humans who treat each other with care and respect we believe in being a learning culture. Learning from our experiences, developing as one team and celebrating success is our way.
And if you have a pet pooch, we’re a dog-friendly oﬃce. So bring them along for a day in the oﬃce with our other Wunderman pooches! Have we intrigued you?
If you’re ‘the one’, a very talented and caring crew are waiting for you to step through the door…take the step to find out more, it’s worth it! Next steps
To express your interest in this opportunity, please click the 'Apply Now' button below and attach your CV and a cover letter. Or for a confidential discussion, please contact [email protected]