Mary Potter Hospice is one of Wellington’s most loved charities, providing specialist palliative care hospice services to hundreds of people and their families every year in the Wellington, Porirua and Kapiti region. The Hospice has a strong commitment to clinical excellence, education and research. All services are provided free of charge. The opportunity:
This is one of two Senior HR Advisor roles providing a wide range of strategic and operational HR support to the Hospice’s 160 staff. The Hospice has growing and increasingly complex needs for Human Resources services.
You will provide expert HR advice, develop and maintain best practice HR systems and policies, facilitate training and leadership development, lead and support a variety of HR projects and initiatives and provide ongoing support and guidance to management and staff. About you:
You will be customer focussed with the ability to truly partner with and work alongside managers, quickly understanding their needs and coaching and mentoring them to build excellent people management capability.
You will naturally live our values of respect, compassion, dignity, hospitality and stewardship and demonstrate them in everything you do. In addition to this you will bring:
- strong generalist HR exposure with demonstrated HR management experience
- proficiencies in advising and coaching managers on the full range of HR and employment relations issues
- well-developed knowledge of HR legislation, systems and best practice
- the ability to operate at both a strategic and hands on operational level
- experience in leading and implementing projects
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- strong relationship management capabilities
- a commitment to, and an understanding of, the Treaty of Waitangi and multi-culturalism
- a relevant tertiary level qualification and/or 6-8 years relevant experience
- ability to identify with and promote the values of the Hospice.
If this rewarding opportunity sounds like you, and you want to contribute to a team that enhances the lives of many Wellingtonians each year, please apply today with your CV and cover letter, I’d love to chat further. [email protected]