Gyro Plastics is a kiwi owned and operated leading plastics engineering company based in Fielding. We have been established for over 50 years and are proud to be led by a father/daughter team. We made our first plastic moulded product way back in 1968 and since then, have become known as expert plastic manufacturers who are well respected by our peers and clients in the industry. We supply both standardised products and custom made to a range of businesses in NZ. Our team is forward thinking and committed to providing clients with an exemplary service. Why join us?
We’re a small team of genuine humans who look out for each other and get along well. There’s always a laugh or a bit of chatter happening in the factory. We work hard to deliver optimal results for our clients but make sure we’re having fun while we’re at it. We regularly host team get togethers to spend time out of the factory as individuals. BBQ’s, go-karting, lunches, are just a few of the social events we’ve been on recently to keep connected as a Gyro family. You’ll enjoy the comradery and keenness to continuously evolve our business. What you’ll be doing
Contributing largely to the vision, mission and goals of our business you’ll be responsible for managing the smooth and efficient manufacturing and distribution of our goods. Your primary focus will be leading a team of production and assembly teams, working alongside them to deliver the best results. As equal will be time spent promoting continuous improvement initiatives that proactively seek new and improved methods of operating, along with developing this mindset within the team. A typical week will see you:
What you’ll need to do it
- Work as part of our leadership team to identify and share ideas and support continuous improvement activities to improve operational performance
- Through your insights, support our leadership team to make informed decisions about our operations
- Prepare and manage staff rosters to ensure we have a good coverage over a 24 hour period but our teams still have the work life harmony they seek
- Keep our people safe by contributing to and promoting Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Coordinate support services and external contractors when required
- Act as a first point of contact for escalated issues and lead the overall maintenance of the factory
We believe this role needs an adaptable, well-organised individual. Someone who is helpful, honest and ready to be part of a special team and make this role their baby. You’ll be provided with a fair amount of autonomy so, being proactive in your approach to work and feeling comfortable taking ownership is crucial. Other elements that will be key to your success are:
Have we intrigued you?
- Previous experience leading a team by example with a positive mindset
- A strong passion for the development of your direct reports
- Proven trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- A Class 1 Driver’s License and current certified Forklift License
- The confidence to engage with others no matter the topic, big or small
- Ability to make timely decisions and stand by them and your team
- Your practical, hands on nature and background in manufacturing of some description
- Mechanical or engineering knowledge and preventive and corrective maintenance experience
If you feel you could be ‘the one’ we’re searching for, express your interest by clicking 'Apply Now' and attaching your CV and a cover letter. We’ll be in touch shortly after. We've partnered with Kin to help us fill this important role; for a confidential conversation please contact Mel Butler, [email protected] to arrange a time to chat.