Blue Barn is a medium sized consultancy going great places and doing big things! With projects spanning the transportation, roading, land development and structural sectors, Blue Barn defies its size with some of the best projects in NZ. At the heart of the business is their core value of ‘PEOPLE MATTER’, which is something that is demonstrated every day at all levels within the firm. With a strong leadership team and board, Blue Barn has a growth strategy in place which will present boundless opportunities in the years to come. Transportation
As a key member of the Auckland Transport Panel for Engineering Services (TTEPS), Blue Barn has proven itself as an expert in the Transportation arena. The Transportation team is widely experienced, and like the rest of the business is growing quickly. Expertise within the team is utilised across Traffic, Road Safety and Roading Design projects. The Role
As CAD Technician within this busy transportation team, you will enjoy a diverse range of drafting duties utilising CAD in developing engineering drafting designs. You will be involved in the preliminary and detailed drafts of projects and feasibility, as well as keeping accurate records of engineering data. This is a varied and busy role encompassing many duties; however, core functions are as below:
- Performing drafting operations for the determination of project plans and collecting data for project designs.
- Preparation of complex drawings for engineering projects
- Developing and drafting engineering drawings and plans, drafting contract documents and generating correspondence for clients and managers
- Maintaining a high level of communication with contractors, clients, engineers and the general public for any engineering or construction issues
- Downloading GPS data converting digital redlines and reviewing survey data and inspector field mark-ups and notes
- Creating maps, drawings and designs such as site plans, grading and drainage plans for construction projects
You will be a creative problem solver, with the ability to think outside the square. Your communication skills will be first class, and you will have experience managing multiple stakeholder relationships. With a minimum of 3 years’ experience, you will either be looking for an opportunity to step up from a junior role or consolidate your experience at the intermediate level across larger projects. In addition, you will possess the following:
Becoming a Blue Barner…
- A minimum of 3 years’ civil drafting experience, ideally with exposure to roading and infrastructure projects
- Experience drafting roads, signs and pavements is preferable
- 2D is essential, 3D would be advantageous
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- A methodical and meticulous mind-set, with a high attention to detail
Once you are onboard as a ‘Blue Barner’, you will enjoy a fun but professional culture, within a business that truly values its staff. The people who are on the growth journey now, will be given opportunities as the business grows, which can be difficult to attain within the larger consultancies. In addition, you will enjoy a generous salary and bonus (discretionary) and stunning new offices in the heart of the city. Please note, there will be a short 2-month period where travel will be required to the existing Henderson based office, before the business relocates to the CBD.
If this is ticking your boxes, you might be the one we are looking for! Apply today via the apply now button or contact me in confidence at P 022 069-5284 or E [email protected]
Natasha Symonds – Talent Specialist / Kin. Applications close Monday 9th September. You must hold a valid NZ Work Visa to be eligible for this role.