With more than 30 years’ experience in Architecture, Planning and Interior & Urban Design, Ignite Architects have built a reputation for designing beautiful spaces that create harmony between the built and natural world. Our multi-disciplinary team spans our 5 design studios across NZ and Australia. Culture
You won’t find any ego’s here. At Ignite we pride ourselves on being an open and communicative firm, who puts our people and clients first. We are a social bunch with an active social club, and many regular events. People are friendly and approachable (including our leadership team), and we promote a non-hierarchical structure. We must be doing something right, due to the long tenure of most of our staff! About the role…
This role sits within the Retail and Commercial Design team, where you will be involved in a broad range of projects including; retail mixed use, hotels, hospitality, and large multi-level buildings – to name a few. There is a step away from the traditional retail mall format in NZ currently, and an increased focus on mixed use – community-based architecture. This is a senior role, where you will be able to utilise your high level of design skills, and oversee other functions such as interiors, and master-planning for your projects. About you…
Are you a Senior Retail Architect, who has worked on large-scale mixed-use retail projects? Do you have solid commercial architectural experience? We are welcoming applications from architects currently residing in NZ or wishing to relocate to NZ permanently. We would value a mix of both NZ and international experience, but equally will consider someone who has only worked internationally if they can bring the wealth of experience we are looking for. You must also possesses the following:
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience
- General knowledge of REVIT, CAD and BIM drawings
- A bachelor’s level qualification in architecture
- Architectural registration to the appropriate institute of your country
- Experience of large-scale retail and mixed-use projects
- Experience of or exposure to master planning
What you will receive …
- Assistance with immigration procedures and visa’s (if required).
- A vibrant and creative team environment that is centered around our people - you will enjoy our modern work space, with a family feel.
- Competitive salary and flexibility in the way you work
- An opportunity for growth into future directorship
Applications close on Friday 6th September, however we will be reviewing applications as they are received.