About the role
The Competence Coordinator is responsible for providing efficient and effective administrative and coordination support to the Fitness to Practise team within the Nursing Council. Working closely with the Nurse Advisor Competence, this role is varied and will involve supporting the Advisor across the full competence process. Working with both nurses and external stakeholders, this role will also:
- Draft documents and reports for the Nurse Advisor
- Field phone inquiries and resolve these when possible or escalate as necessary
- Monitor competence deadlines and associated database
- Prepare bundles and documents for committee hearings
- Organise competence reviews
- Manage the court conviction process
- Provide support to the Health and Conduct team
We are looking for a team player who brings a can-do attitude and a flexible approach. You will be a natural when it comes to customer service and will be able to pick new things up quickly. You will also have:
- A tertiary qualification, or strong experience in previous administrative or coordinator roles
- Outstanding organisation and planning skills
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A high level of confidentiality and discretion, with an understanding of the sensitivity around the information this role is privy to
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong IT skills, especially in the MS Office Suite.
You will have strong decision-making skills and you won’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. You will also be keen to help others in the team and will have a collaborative, team approach to your work. You may also have skills in transcribing, which would be a great support to the team. About us
The Nursing Council of New Zealand is a well-respected organisation, both nationally and internationally. The Council is responsible for the regulation of nurses with the primary focus of protecting the public by ensuring that nurses are competent and fit to practise.
The team are passionate, committed and take pride in the work they do. They are values driven and enjoy coming to work every day because they get to work with great people and make a difference with the work they do.
If this role sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you! Apply now with your CV and a cover letter telling us what makes you right for this role. If you have any questions, please contact Tracey on [email protected]
We will be reviewing CVs as we go so apply now!