Business Design Director Who we are
We are a global strategic consultancy that works with leaders in a diverse range of sectors to create new and better futures for communities and for society. We focus on social, economic and environmental outcomes, and the creation of public value. We provide mastery in systems and human-centred design, providing solutions to government, businesses and NGO’s. In addition to our core in New Zealand, this year we’ve worked eight other countries and we’re growing. About the role
The Business Design Director is a client-facing leader in our consulting team. Leading an energetic team that is motivated by creating positive change, making an impact through digital and cultural transformation and growing a global company with a unique New Zealand point of view. This means taking on New Zealand’s greatest challenges with a view to a better future for all.
- Effectively grow, support and lead teams to provide high-quality client engagements and deliver exceptional value and impact
- Have a strong focus on building capability for transformation and culture change
- Lead business development activities, win new client engagements, create new revenue streams and contribute to significant revenue growth
- Be hands on with digital transformation design work, meeting your own targets for revenue generation
- Contribute as a senior member - to profitability, team wellness and a high-performing culture.
You are a strategic, savvy and Senior Business Designer with a track record of driving significant change initiatives and delivering outcomes for customers—services, strategies, policies, sector transformation, digital transformation, etc.
You have at least 10 years' experience in senior roles—successfully forming and leading teams, managing complex digital change initiatives and significant budgets, driving organisational and people capability, and driving better business and customer outcomes. You will bring:
- Sophisticated knowledge of design and change methodologies—design thinking, service design, agile, lean, systems thinking, others.
- Over 10 years' experience in designing digital transformation solutions for complex business problems
- Inspirational leadership experience in forming and working with multi-disciplinary teams
- An understanding of how a professional services firm operates, and be able work within this context to influence positive social, economic, environmental and business
- An ability to make things happen, inspire confidence, build momentum and bring others along with you.
Working for this organisation means being part of a pre-eminent design team, who also happen to be the nicest bunch of people you are likely to meet. Our projects are of national and global significance, and our design work has a profound effect on peoples’ lives. We are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion, learning, high performance, and wellness. To apply
If your skills and purpose align with ours and you’re ready to join us in our next phase of growth - please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know why this is the role for you. Applications close on Wednesday 14th August, or sooner if you are the right candidate.