Tourism Industry Aotearoa (TIA) is the only independent association that represents all sectors of New Zealand's large and diverse tourism industry. We are vocal supporters of our industry, working to ensure tourism gets the recognition it deserves as a vital contributor to the country's economy and social health.
TIA’s core values are People Matter, Share the Passion, Take it On and Make a Difference. About the role
Reporting to the Advocacy Manager, this is a hugely varied and interesting role in a fun and passionate industry. You will be the ‘go-to’ when it comes to policy submissions and will be the voice of our members on all policy proposals related to the tourism industry.
Day to day you will:
- Respond to Government proposals on behalf of our members
- Provide analysis and advice on varied topics
- Engage with our stakeholders to understand different views on tourism related proposals
- Create well-crafted written submissions using plain English
- Keep abreast of tourism related changes in the wider sector to understand how these may impact our members
You will ideally have previous experience working as a Policy Analyst and will be able to bring your ‘can-do’, proactive approach to this role. As a natural self-starter, you will enjoy being in a key policy role and will want to truly have influence on the wider sector. You will be confident in your abilities and comfortable engaging with staff and stakeholders at many levels. You will also have:
- At least 2yrs experience in policy related roles
- Well-honed research skills with a natural curiosity
- An ability to manage multiple demands and prioritise these
- Advanced writing skills with the ability to create logical and persuasive arguments
- The ability to work autonomously and really take ownership of your role
- Strong relationship building skills
- Experience in the Tourism Industry would be a plus
If this role sounds like you, and you’re interested in joining a purpose driven and collaborative team, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply now with a CV and cover letter telling us a bit about you, and what interests you about our role. If you have any questions, please contact Tracey Fletcher on 022 015 0343 or [email protected]
We will be reviewing CVs as we go so apply now!