Senior Business Advisor / Commercial Analyst
About the organisation
- Reporting to Chief Executive
- Strategic and Operational Business Advisory role
- Great work environment with supportive culture + professional development support
The Pharmacy Guild is a membership organisation that provides support and services to community pharmacies. We are committed to ensuring our members realise their professional and business potential in a very challenging environment. About the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Business Advisor to join our team in central Wellington, this is a pivotal role reporting directly to the Chief Executive. You will provide expert business and commercial advice, decision making support and business consultation at both strategic and operational levels of the organisation. You will need to be a strategic thinker who has experience in successfully delivering analysis-based commercial recommendations at a senior management level.
You will apply commercial and analytical skills to derive actionable insights to support objective decision making.
The role will require you to:
About the person
- Support our industry representation, advocacy, and government relations by providing timely analysis and related perspectives on the community pharmacy sector. This includes supporting complex commercial discussions with District Health Boards and preparing official submissions to Government policy consultations.
- Provide data-driven recommendations on strategic and operational decisions.
- Lead the development of strategic business cases, commercial proposals, and financial models for commercial projects.
You will be someone who has a collaborative approach to problem solving and implements practical solutions to complex business issues. You will be pro-active, relationship focused and be someone who flourishes working in a close-knit team environment.
You will bring:
- a tertiary qualification in business, data analysis or other relevant discipline.
- preferably, at least 5 years’ experience in a relevant consulting, advisory or analytical role with strong strategy/analytical responsibilities
- demonstrated strong numeracy and reasoning skills, with ability to develop business cases and supporting analytical Excel models.
- excellent written and oral communication skills along with great relationship management and stakeholder engagement skills.
Experience working in a membership organisation and/or sound knowledge of the New Zealand health sector is an advantage (but isn’t essential).
In return, the Guild offers a great working environment, a supportive culture and the opportunity to be an integral part of a small, dedicated and professional team. You will also receive great professional development allowing you to grow and flourish.
If you are looking for a varied business advisory role where you can use your commercial and business acumen and knowledge to make a real difference in the industry please “apply now” with an up to date CV and a cover letter telling us about why you are a great fit for this role. Any queries can be directed to [email protected]
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 26th of April.