We have something special at ThinkPlace – a unique culture that enables positive, ethical outcomes for the communities and clients we work with. We are a global strategic consultancy that works with leaders in a diverse range of sectors to create new and better futures; vibrant communities, strong economies, sustainable environments and trusted institutions. We believe in a future world state that balances the needs of the collective and those of the individual. We do this through mastery in systems and human-centred design, which unites a broadly interdisciplinary consulting team who provides solutions to government, businesses and NGO’s. In addition to our core in New Zealand, this year we’ve worked in Rwanda, Kenya, Mozambique, Tibet, Australia, Singapore, Mexico, Guatamela and the USA, and we’re growing. About the role
We are on the look-out for an exceptional Operations Manager to join our team. You will be key to the effective running of our business to enable our team to smoothly and efficiently get about the business of creating new and better futures for our communities and clients.
You will be key to both developing the strategy and bringing it to life through its effective implementation. In this role you will:
- Manage day to day operations of the business
- Lead the business operations team
- Provide financial oversight and management (including to any outsourced providers)
- Take ownership of the sales conversion / pipeline process
- Drive process improvement across the business
- Support the Partners and the Board
As our leader of operations, we are looking for someone who is driven, open minded, values diversity of thought, and who is keen to challenge the status quo. We are looking for someone with:
- Experience running a high performing business, managing operations and financial processes and systems
- Strong commercial expertise
- Experience managing sales pipelines in a consulting firm or high performing sales environment
- A strong financial background including preparation of annual budgets
- The ability to work strategically as well as hands-on when needed
- An exceptional ability to lead and manage processes and people
- Inspirational leadership
You will be someone adept at creating order and dealing with ambiguity every day. You will be pragmatic, resourceful and compassionate in the way you interact with others.
(We are particularly interested in hearing from you if you have been working in the private sector running businesses working with Government). To apply
If your skills and purpose align with ours and you’re ready to join us in our next phase of growth - please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know why this is the role for you. Apply now as applications will close as soon as we find the right candidate.