Our client is a first-choice company for sales, service, hire and calibration of quality high-force hydraulic tools and related equipment. Their portfolio of specialised tools and equipment spans across a range of industries including construction, engineering, rail and high voltage electrical. Their business remains 100% New Zealand owned and operated and continues to grow and extend its range of products and services throughout the country. They take pride in leading the industry, delighted to have received several excellence awards. Being a small group nationwide, you’ll feel part of the family in to time. The role
You’ll report to the Group Operations Manager and have regular interaction business wide, liaising with warehousing departments through to the CEO to gather further information and discuss insights that will lead to key business decisions. You’ll have scope to think differently and challenge the status quo.
A typical week will see you:
- telling a story - turning data into digestible information, information into insight and insight into business decisions
- developing, analysing and reporting information across all of the business functions with particular emphasis on some areas
- preparing weekly business reporting required for leadership meetings such as; Board, customer analysis, profitability, product sales, inventory etc.
- proactively developing and implementing auditing for all areas related to inventory movement for future forecasting, integrity and accuracy
- developing and rolling out effective inventory control protocols and procedures
- playing your part to support a strong culture and pleasant experience for your stakeholders
- contributing to the goal of being a remarkable operation of procurement, storage and movement of all inventory
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong commercial nous, exceptional communication skills and technical aptitude (analysis and reporting). You’ll be comfortable interpreting data and sharing your recommendations – in fact, this will be a passion of yours. Your proactive approach to your work will not go unnoticed.
- at least 5 years’ experience working in a commercial distribution business or related industry sector
- familiarity and know-how to work within a business that has a large number of moving parts with screeds of information to soak up and share in its purest form
- tonnes of database management experience, particularly with excel (pivot tables, V look ups - you name it)
- self-motivation with a desire to get to know the business and understand what success looks like
- confidence to back your insight and talk to this in depth if challenged
- customer empathy, professional integrity and resilience
If you’re ‘the one’, rest assured you'll enjoy a family-like company culture with an unreserved commitment to their values and developing your career. Next steps
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below and attach your CV and a cover letter. For a confidential discussion, please contact Mel Butler, [email protected]