Mentoring Manager – Not for Profit industry About us:
Big Buddy runs an award winning mentoring programme, which matches adult male mentors with boys who have no male role models in their family/whanau. We are a social service agency committed to making a practical and meaningful difference in these young men’s lives. About the role:
You will join our existing Mentoring Managers, to coordinate and deliver the Big Buddy programme. Based at our Head Office in Avondale, you will:
Your experience and qualities
- recruit, interview and assess male volunteers to become Big Buddy mentors
- support, train and coach mentors to ensure exceptional relationships with boys and their families
- interview referred boys, mothers & caregivers and present the concept of mentoring to them
- support and participate in our community events
- represent and promote Big Buddy to local funding and other community groups.
. You have:
Salary and benefits:
- exceptional relationship and communication skills
- a background in community work, counselling, teaching or social work
- skills in Microsoft Office Suite, CRM software and some administration ability
- use of your own car
- the maturity, self-awareness and tact to explore personal matters with male volunteers.
The salary range is $60,000 - 65,000. We genuinely respect work/life balance, offering five week’s annual leave, some flexibility with working hours and options for working outside the office. We also care for and support your emotional health with regular external clinical supervision.
If you are looking for a career with purpose, please click ‘apply’ on this ad. You can also call Philippa Greaney from Kin on 021 960890 with any questions. Applications close on Wednesday 27th March.