The Nursing Council of New Zealand is a well-respected organisation, both nationally and internationally. The Council is responsible for the regulation of nurses with the primary focus of protecting the public by ensuring that nurses are competent and fit to practice.
The team is passionate, committed and take pride in the work they do. They are values driven and enjoy coming to work every day because they get to work with great people and make a difference with the work they do. About the role
Reporting to the Education Quality Manager, this role will provide high quality analytical advice around the Council’s work in education. This is a varied role where no two days will be the same. Some of the areas you will be involved with are:
- Accreditation and monitoring of nursing programmes
- Developing and implementing quality improvement processes
- Preparing high quality reports and Council papers
- Creating State Final Examinations, analysing the results and identifying trends
- Responding to requests for information and advice.
You will have extensive nursing experience including in nursing education and have demonstrated critical thinking skills. You will ideally have knowledge of regulatory authorities and the complexities that come with the work of regulation. You will also have:
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to critically analyse complex information
- A focus on processes with an ability to multi-task
- A calm and considered approach towards complex issues
- A post-graduate qualification in nursing or related field as well as a current practising certificate
If this role sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply now with a CV and cover letter telling us a bit about you, and what interests you about our role. If you have any questions, please contact Tracey Fletcher on [email protected]
Applications close on 22 February 2019 at 5pm.