A bit about us…
At Goodnature, our vision is a natural environment in which native species survive, thrive and flourish, free from the threat and destruction of introduced pests. We’re all about proven pest control technology. We are a successful fast-growing New Zealand owned business with a product that is both globally unique and unparalleled in reversing Biodiversity decline. You can find out more about us here: www.goodnature.co.nz A bit about the role…
The Intermediate Design Engineer will, in line with our mission, help conceptualize, design and engineer ground breaking products that continue to position Goodnature as the leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of humane pest control products. You will work collaboratively, in line with Agile principles further grow our culture of rapid innovation as you:
- actively contribute to the technical design of new and existing products.
- create 3D models (using Onshape).
- build prototypes -get hands-on making and testing jigs, consulting with experts and learning by doing.
- test new designs (life, stress, creep and field testing).
- prepare documentation to support new products from concept through to production and assembly.
- take responsibility for the day-to-day management of Goodnature’s CAD records.
Making is a critical part of the Goodnature development process and you will be required to have good practical workshop skills to support this process along with:
- A passion for creating world class product.
- Some experience in designing, manufacturing or releasing hardware products.
- Independence, self-motivation, self-direction and a delivery focus .
- The ability to work under pressure and with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborate team approach.
Previous experience in the design of injection moulded plastic parts, and preparation of technical drawings for manufacture would be an advantage.
Supporting your growth in this role may include ongoing training in Agile development and leadership techniques.
If you are excited to be a part of a fast growing, forward thinking organisation and are eager to join our quest to reduce bio-diversity decline in NZ and around the globe - apply with your resume and a cover letter now.
**To apply you must have a current right to work in New Zealand**