Optimal Workshop is a major player in the tech industry, and is leading the way in the creation of usability tools that make website search a dream for the consumer. Their tools are used by experience designers, information architects and user researchers in over 100 countries. In a time poor world it is their mission to enable users to find what they are looking for, the first time.
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a General Manager to join the team on a maternity leave cover (up to 12 months) to steer the ship and drive forward the next phase of growth and ensure the smooth running of the business. In this key leadership role you will:
What do I need?
- provide leadership, management and mentoring to the team to ensure the company retains its strong culture and vision
- work closely with the Chief Executive to implement and deliver the 3 year strategy
- drive operational efficiency to help reach and exceed growth targets
- work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure the company’s financial position is understood and in check
- be the voice of the company with customers, vendors, and business partners
- develop and implement robust plans for the company’s systems and processes to ensure all bases are covered during expansion.
First and foremost, it’s about the people. We are seeking a real leader who has the interpersonal skills to build trust and establish mana quickly. We are looking for someone to embody our collaborative culture and to inspire the team to keep delivering exceptional work. In addition you will have:
What’s in it for me?
- significant management and leadership experience in a similar role
- strong strategy and planning experience with the skills to implement a diverse business plan
- lead people in a way that continually empowers and encourages personal development
- drive operational efficiency and can demonstrate where you have identified opportunities for improvement across the business
- strong financial acumen
- implemented policy and systems
- experience in a digital environment and be comfortable with innovation and technology and the ability to be agile.
If the awesome growing team and one of the coolest working environments in Wellington doesn’t instantly excite you then perhaps the following will:
- autonomy and flexible working environment
- development opportunities
- annual industry conferences
- fun social activities
- daily smoothies
- you can bring your dog if you have one!
We are in quite a hurry to find you, role starts in January 2019. If you are up for hitting the ground running on a one year fixed term contract, please apply now with your CV and cover letter or contact [email protected]