CEO Not for Profit / Charitable Trust About us:
We are a small Foundation in the Not for Profit sector, dedicated to people with a cancer that is difficult to diagnose. Our team works tirelessly to educate and support our patients and their families. We aim to increase awareness and knowledge of the disease amongst the medical community and the wider public. About the role:
Our passionate founder/current CEO is moving on to a position on our Board, creating this opportunity for a new Chief Executive.
In this part-time (20 hours per week), one-year fixed term contract position (with opportunity to extend), you will lead a very small team, with flexibility to work where required. Reporting to our Charitable Trust Board, you will collaborate to fulfill the organisation’s vision and purpose. As leader of our Foundation, you will be responsible for:
Day-to-day responsibilities will also include managing:
- advocating for our patients to ensure they get the best treatment possible
- representing the Foundation with stakeholders (including government and government health agencies, international advocacy groups, other cancer organisations, lobby groups, sponsors and our community)
- supporting the growth of patient groups
- fundraising and growing income streams
- strategic planning and financial management.
- the development and execution of all awareness activities
- the growth of our patient information programmes
- operations - including systems, policies, HR, health and safety
- IT - including our website and donor management software.
We are looking for someone who will champion our organisation– someone with huge energy, focus, determination and tenacity. You will bring to the role:
- successful people leadership experience from previous senior management roles
- knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the non-profit sector, including compliance and reporting
- a demonstrated track record of leading and overseeing funding projects
- the ability to communicate our strategic vision and influence stakeholders
- marketing and communications expertise
- sound financial and commercial acumen.
You may be an emerging talent, nearing the twilight of your career, or somewhere in between. Either way, if you are passionate about contributing to something incredibly valuable and important, we’d love to hear from you.
Please either or apply now through this advertisement or call Philippa Greaney from Kin for a confidential conversation on 021 960890. Applications close on Friday December 7th.