A bit about us…
At Goodnature, our vision is a natural environment in which native species survive, thrive and flourish, free from the threat and destruction of introduced pests. Goodnature is constantly working to empower people in their fight for environmental balance. We’re all about proven pest control technology. You can find out more about us from our website www.goodnature.co.nz.
We are a successful fast-growing New Zealand owned business with a product that is both globally unique and unparalleled in reversing Biodiversity decline. A bit about the role…
As the Product Owner you will work closely with the Product Manager and other senior Stakeholders throughout development and beyond release to ensure our trapping products are developed and delivered completely, accurately, and efficiently.
You will work collaboratively, in line with Agile principles and further grow our culture of rapid innovation. You will:
- Collaborate with a small development team to deliver design solutions.
- Work and project manage across all stages of product development from technical idea to prototype and release.
- Execute on the product strategy - Working alongside the Product Manager to inform and understand the Product Strategy
- Engage the development team in the product vision and play an active role in resourcing the team; engaging external experts when needed
- Capture Customers requirements and manage backlog
- Support the team in prioritizing and managing work
- Manage sprints to ensure product updates are delivered on time and on track
You will be an experienced product owner who stays close to the development team’s iterative experiments and prototypes, can identify the weak spots, and challenge or encourage their process. You will be someone who can predict upcoming threats/risk areas in the design and mitigate them by keeping the team focused on the right path. You will have:
- Proven experience in Product Ownership at a senior level
- A passion for creating world class products
- Some experience of designing, manufacturing or releasing hardware products
- Independence, self-motivation, self-direction and a delivery focus
- The ability to work under pressure and to time constraints
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- An eagerness to join our quest to reduce bio-diversity decline in NZ and around the globe.
Supporting your growth in this role may include ongoing training in Agile development and leadership techniques.
If you are excited to be a part of a fast growing, forward thinking organisation that is working to prevent biodiversity decline, please apply with your resume and a cover letter by Thursday 1st Nov 2018.