An opportunity has become available for a highly capable and innovative leader to join an organisation that has a proud history and an exciting future.
Te Uri ō Hau Settlement Trust Board is the corporate vehicle established to transport over 8,000 beneficiaries from the past into the future.
When the Trust settled its Treaty claims with the Crown in 2002 it immediately went about setting up business units to help reach its goal of having self-reliance within the rohe and parity with New Zealand for the next generation. The Role
The Te Uri ō Hau (TUōH) Settlement Trust Board is seeking a dynamic 'hands on' executive to provide leadership, operational management and strategic direction to the organisation. With the strategy refreshed recently, a high calibre leader will be able to influence, execute and guide this process. This is an opportunity to position the organisation for the future, further enhancing the transformation journey already underway.
You will achieve this through a focus on:
- Brilliant execution of the strategic and operational plan for the Trust
- Providing advice to the Board on strategic positioning, governance, best practice and economic development opportunities
- Leading and influencing change and promoting a growth mindset within the team
- Strong operational management
- Developing and nurturing strong relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Financial management including budget formulation and implementation
With a highly supportive and engaged Board and a motivated and skilled team, TUōH Settlement Trust Board is well positioned for the future. About You
You're passionate about Māoridom, Tikanga and well-being. Your energy will inspire those around you, as you will confidently be communicating at all levels. You have the experience to lead a team of talented and committed individuals to ensure the long-term viability of the organisation. You will;
- Be an experienced senior leader and business developer with an outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Effectively engage with key stakeholders and be confident in working across government and NGO sector within Iwi and Hapu.
- Have strong financial acumen, and the ability to drive commercial outcomes
- Be a savvy negotiator with a demonstrable knowledge of contract management.
- Possess passion, transparency and strong mana
The role is based in Whangarei, however suitable applicants from Auckland and surrounding regions are strongly encouraged to apply, as flexibility can be negotiated.
A competitive remuneration package, including motor vehicle, reflective of the senior nature of this opportunity is on offer.
To apply in strict confidence now, click “Apply” by submitting your cover letter and CV or contact Omima on 021 532 253 for more information.