About the role:
In this busy, varied role you will be providing administrative support to the Registration and Education Quality team, which will assist the Nursing Council to be a responsive, effective and customer focused organisation. You will be joining a friendly, collaborative yet fast paced team. You will be able to multi-task, remain adaptable and have a sound judgement in prioritising tasks to meet required deadlines. You won’t hesitate to lend a hand to your team when they need it.
We are growing our team and so we are looking for 2 administration superstars to join our team, on a fixed term until June 2025. Day to day you will be required to:
Skills & experience:
- Manage high volumes of emails and documentation
- Manage work in progress and organise daily work
- Assist with and arrange travel and venue bookings
- Take meeting minutes
- Provide general administrative assistance
- Respond to routine enquiries
We are looking for someone who brings:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- The ability to manage a fluctuating work pattern
- Resilience when dealing with difficult situations in changing environments
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving
- A high level of organisation with an ability to meet deadlines
- A proactive approach to your work with a can-do attitude
- The ability to deliver exceptional customer service
You will have an understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and te reo or a drive and passion to learn more. About us:
The Nursing Council of New Zealand is the independent regulator for nurses in New Zealand, with better and safer care for people at its heart.
We have an important mission and working for the Nursing Council is an exciting opportunity for you to use and grow your skills, while working with a team that has a true purpose and take pride in the work they do.
We are values driven and hold these close to our hearts. Our values are: Whakahoatanga tikanga rua
– we honour our bi-cultural partnership by being culturally competent at the Nursing Council Mahi ngātahi ā mana
- we work collaboratively and with integrity by respecting each other and the nursing profession Whai haepapa, whai tika
- we are an accountable, effective and efficient Nursing Council Arataki, ako, whakapai ake
- we lead, learn and improve at all levels of the Nursing Council Wairua tōkeke hauora
- we set standards, codes of practice including cultural safety expectations that contribute to improved health equity for Māori
If this role sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you! Send us your CV and a cover letter telling us what makes you right for this role. If you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ting - [email protected]
Applications close when we find the right applicants, so don’t delay!