In this newly created role, you will be responsible for the development and relationship management of Garden to Table’s corporate sponsors, so they continue to provide financial value to ensure success for the Trust. You will also lead the planning and execution of our events programme, delivering the best possible experience for sponsors and all stakeholders involved in Garden to Table events. In this role, you will be an integral part of the Fundraising and Communications Team, and key to Garden to Table meeting its revenue targets so we can continue to impact the community with our amazing mahi.
Garden to Table Trust is a growing charity which works with schools and kura to empower thousands of tamariki across Aotearoa New Zealand to whanake (grow), hauhake (harvest), whakarite (prepare), and whāngai (share) seasonal, affordable and sustainable kai. The positive impacts from the programme radiate far beyond the school gates - to whānau, the wider community, and the planet - ultimately enabling a more sustainable, equitable and climate-friendly social and economic future. Learn more about our incredible success stories and see more about our vision and kaupapa at www.gardentotable.org.nz About the role …
About you …
- Positive, rewarding mahi, as part of a supportive, passionate team who have your back.
- Key relationship management of Garden to Table’s existing sponsors and partners.
- Monitoring and reporting on sponsor impact, engagement and experience to encourage continuous improvement.
- Manage and implement a calendar of internal and external fundraising and engagement events to maximise value and return to the Trust.
- Collaborate with the wider Fundraising and Communications team to provide expertise and share event stories across communication channels.
- Support our goals to provide an equitable workplace, and our commitment to honour the spirit of partnership with Māori embodied in Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Share your passion for kai, gardening and cooking, and empowering Tamariki to do the same.
- 25 hours per week with the flexibility to work from home anywhere in Aotearoa.
What you will receive …
- You care about the community, the environment and are passionate about having a positive impact and improving the lives of others.
- You are upbeat and collaborative with a can-do attitude and a positive approach to problem solving.
- Strong background in fundraising and stakeholder/relationship management within a not-for-profit, purpose driven environment.
- Outcome focused, with expertise in running events, including manging volunteers, along with sound all-round IT skills.
- Strong relationship skills, well organised, flexible and able to adapt to the changing needs of a small, ambitious charity.
- Committed to grow your understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and how this applies to your mahi for Garden to Table
- Use of everyday te reo is an advantage, but willingness to learn and grow your reo is essential.
- A culture that is supportive, inclusive and open to innovation.
- A salary of $87,360 pro rata, with $20 per fortnight toward working from home expenses.
- We believe in supporting your health and wellbeing. We offer a day off for your birthday, and from 2024 a ‘cool as a cucumber’ day off for your hauora (wellbeing).
Garden to Table Trust is proud to be an equitable workplace, where we welcome and accept diversity and difference. We will endeavour to support your individual needs and provide a safe and inclusive environment, to achieve equitable outcomes for our employees, schools, kura and (ākonga) students.
We have partnered with Kin to find the right person for this key role. Have a look at our website and get a feel for who we are and what we do www.gardentotable.org.nz If you think we might be the next step on your journey, apply now with a CV and Cover Letter telling us why. Or for more information or full position description, please contact Stephanie Patterson, [email protected]