In this newly created role, you will be responsible for the implementation of a sustainable communication strategy that engages and grows Garden to Table’s supporter base, to meet strategic objectives and goals. Working collaboratively with the Fundraising and Communications and the Programme teams, you will manage relationships with key influencers, including Garden to Table’s Ambassadors, while leading website content, social media and all internal and external communication, with the aim of increasing our profile, supporters and online engagement.
Garden to Table Trust is a growing charity which works with schools and kura to empower thousands of tamariki across Aotearoa New Zealand to whanake (grow), hauhake (harvest), whakarite (prepare), and whāngai (share) seasonal, affordable and sustainable kai. The positive impacts from the programme radiate far beyond the school gates - to whānau, the wider community, and the planet - ultimately enabling a more sustainable, equitable and climate-friendly social and economic future. Learn more about our incredible success stories and see more about our vision and kaupapa at www.gardentotable.org.nz About the role …
About you …
- Positive, rewarding mahi, as part of a supportive, passionate team who have your back.
- Execute all communications in a way that is engaging, effective, well-time and appropriate to the varying audiences.
- Collaborate with the wider Fundraising and Communications team to provide expertise and ensure an integrated approach aligned to our strategy.
- Contribute to management of key relationships with Ambassadors, Garden to Table alumni, media and PR contacts.
- Support our goals to provide an equitable workplace, and our commitment to honour the spirit of partnership with Māori embodied in Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- 25 hours per week with the flexibility to work from home anywhere in Aotearoa.
What you will receive …
- You care about the community, the environment and are passionate about having a positive impact and improving the lives of others.
- You are upbeat and collaborative with a can-do attitude and a positive approach to problem solving.
- Strong background in communications and engagement within a not-for-profit, purpose driven environment.
- Expertise in contemporary methods of engagement, particularly social/digital media platforms and excellent all-round IT skills.
- Strong relationship skills, well organised, flexible and able to adapt to the changing needs of a small, ambitious charity.
- Committed to understanding tikanga and Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles, and applying them in daily practice.
- A culture that is supportive, inclusive and open to innovation.
- A salary of $87,360 pro rata, with $20 per fortnight toward working from home expenses.
- We believe in supporting your health and wellbeing. We offer a day off for your birthday, and from 2024 a ‘cool as a cucumber’ day off for your hauora (wellbeing).
Garden to Table Trust is proud to be an equitable workplace, where we welcome and accept diversity and difference. We will endeavour to support your individual needs and provide a safe and inclusive environment, to achieve equitable outcomes for our employees, schools, kura and (ākonga) students.
We have partnered with Kin to find the right person for this key role. Have a look at our website and get a feel for who we are and what we do www.gardentotable.org.nz If you think we might be the next step on your journey, apply now with a CV and Cover Letter telling us why. Or for more information or full position description, please contact Stephanie Patterson, [email protected]