Our purpose at Dragonfly Data Science is to do good things with data. The outcomes of our work have a long-lasting impact on New Zealand and the rest of the world. We work at the cutting edge of data science practice; specialising in statistical analysis and machine learning. Our work is supported by solid software engineering, clear communication, and creative flair. We’re engaged by our clients for a wide range of projects across different sectors, including marine science, bioinformatics, ecology and natural language processing. Our talented team is made up of data scientists, mathematicians, marine and fisheries scientists, geospatial analysts, software developers, machine learning engineers and digital designers. The opportunity
We’re searching for two talented project managers to join our team. You’ll work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to manage the end-to-end lifecycle of projects and ensure they are delivered effectively to our clients. You’ll be supporting the delivery of high performing and beautifully designed bespoke solutions that have high impact. You’ll enjoy being across a wide variety of domains, working with large and complex data sets from areas such as bioinformatics, satellite imagery, machine learning and fisheries. Senior level candidates will also have the opportunity to help shape the future of our project management processes and systems. About you:
You’re a natural relationship builder who can relate to people at any level. Your strong stakeholder management skills see you confidently communicating to ensure expectations are clear, deliverables are on track, and stakeholders are informed of project progress and risks. You’re well organised with exceptional ability to pragmatically plan, prioritise and adapt. With your open and curious mindset, you’re happy to dive into domains that you’re unfamiliar with and can work collaboratively with subject matter experts to achieve desired outcomes.
We have projects of varying sizes, and welcome applicants at a range of experience levels for these roles. We’re ideally looking for people with most of the following skills and experience:
What we offer
- Demonstrated experience managing complex and customer-facing projects.
- An understanding of project lifecycles, methodologies and common project milestones.
- Experience implementing and improving project management processes and systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, influence and build consensus to achieve desired outcomes.
- A customer-focused and consultative approach to ensure our clients’ interests are represented at all times.
- A proactive and pragmatic problem solver – you can identify potential risks early, navigate through issues and keep people and projects on track.
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills to clearly communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A people-centric and collaborative style to working with a wide range of stakeholders and project team members, ensuring they have the opportunity to have input and feel valued.
- Knowledge of professional services and working with public sector contracts is beneficial.
- An interest or background in data science or other science and research disciplines would be advantageous.
In joining us, you’ll be part of a smart and talented team who are passionate about the environment, data and science. We have a supportive, inclusive and kind culture with a clear purpose behind everything we do. Our values of openness, engagement, curiosity and independence seek to drive discussion, get useful information into the public domain, and change the world for the better.
We develop and promote our people just as much as the science they contribute to. We value and reward unique skills and strengths, and place a priority on supporting our people to grow and develop their careers.
You’ll enjoy a collaborative and modern work environment, 5 weeks annual leave and a competitive salary. We’d prefer candidates who can work across five days for these roles, but are open to discussing flexible working arrangements that suit your lifestyle and situation.
We’ll be reviewing applications as we go, so apply now with your CV and a cover letter, letting us know why you’ll be a terrific addition to our team. We’ve partnered with Kin to fill this exciting role*. For more information, please contact Stacey Aubry at [email protected] *All applicants will be notified to Dragonfly Data Science