MŌ TE PAEWAI - ABOUT WELLINGTON UNIVENTURES
We are Wellington UniVentures - Victoria University of Wellington's commercialisation office.
As part of the university, Wellington UniVentures aims to be the acknowledged leader in successfully taking Wellington's knowledge to the world. We are deeply connected to our University's research, converting it into valuable outcomes and capabilities to sustainably grow our region and change lives.
We're proud that this is an exciting place to work and we are looking for someone who has the vitality and attitude to join us on our journey.
KŌRERO MŌ TE TŪRANGA- ABOUT THE ROLE
Leading a team of professionals you will ensure day-to-day excellence is maintained in the delivery of commercialisation, commissioned research and consulting outcomes within the Environment and Engineering function.
Key responsibilities will include overall strategic leadership for the Environment and Engineering team in the areas of commercialisation, commissioned research and consulting, and engagement and communications leadership to facilitate the mobilisation of research expertise. In this leadership role you will also be an active member of the Executive Leadership Team.Ō PŪMANAWA - ABOUT YOU
Our perfect person will be a natural leader and someone who can forge and maintain trusted relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
You’ll be excited by the opportunity to think strategically about the future of the Environment and Engineering ecosystem within our growing organisation.
Skills and experience you’ll bring to this role:
ĒTAHI KŌRERO HAI ĀWHINA I A KOE - WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM
- Leadership skills - providing exceptional line management to empower commercialisation managers and business development professionals.
- Demonstrating your excellent communication skills and ability to form constructive and beneficial relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Expertise in strategy and financial acumen.
- Deal negotiation and transaction experience is a requirement.
- Demonstrated business development and commercialisation experience in a public research organisation is required, with international experience preferred.
- A commitment to upholding the values surrounding te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Maori.
Wellington UniVentures has a strong commitment to staff development and wellbeing and offers access to:
- A wide variety of workshops for you to continue to learn and develop
- Subsidised onsite gym membership
- Health and wellbeing events
- Additional annual leave days
If this role sounds like you and you're interested in joining a small, collaborative and busy team, please apply now with a cover letter and your CV - we'd love to hear from you right away!We are committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all of our staff and contractors. As part of our broader COVID-19 management strategy and to further protect the wellbeing of our staff, customers and partners from COVID-19, we support and encourage all our staff to be vaccinated. If you have any concerns or questions about this, please talk to us.
Wellington UniVentures is committed to providing a working environment that embraces, values and reflects the diversity of the community it serves.
We're working with our recruitment partners at Kin to fill this exciting role. For any questions please contact Jamie Edmundson, she can be reached on 022 131 9176 or [email protected]