Beyond is all about sharing the goodness of virtual worlds. We make the goodness, share the goodness, and advocate for more goodness.
We are the first Virtual Worlds Venture Studio, our purpose is to create a virtual world where everyone can belong. We bring together the disciplines of art and technology, to create immersive experiences for audiences both here in NZ and around the world so they can enjoy the ultimate escapism and fun. We want to share the smiles, excitement and wow moments with as many people as we can. Why people love it here!
We have an inclusive and kind culture. The work we create is beyond fun and the problems we solve are complex yet fascinating. We enjoy flexible working here and have awesome tech toys, you’ll find every VR headset you could ever dream of. All cute pups are welcome too!
This role offers a competitive remuneration including ESOP options. The Opportunity
As we continue on our exciting growth journey, we’re now looking for a talented Unreal Engine Developer to join the fun.
We are currently working on a multiplayer game as well as other exciting virtual world building projects. Day to day you’ll:
- operate as one of the key players in the development of our titles
- build virtual worlds and VR / AR games
- research and development
- act as a mentor to teach others
While this role will ideally be based in our Wellington studio, we’d still love to talk with you about remote working options if you are based in other locations. About you
You love to solve interesting problems and continuously learn. Our ideal person will be interested in the gaming industry and immersive new technology. You may even have shipped a game (even better if this was on Quest, PSVR or other VR platforms.) Ideally you will bring
How to apply
- 5 years + of experience in development, ideally you’ve worked on games for mobile, PC or console
- strong C++ skills
- experience working in agile environments
- knowledge of game engine architecture
- experience in rapid prototyping of gameplay elements
- knowledge of the best optimisation techniques
- professional experience with Unreal Engine is preferred but not required
We’ve partnered with Kin to fill this awesome role. Please apply online with your CV and cover letter telling us why you’d be a great new addition to the Beyond team! If you have any questions before applying, please contact Jamie on 022 131 9176 or email her on [email protected]