Wellington | Auckland
A bit about us
We are a 100% Kiwi-owned investment management company. Founded 12 years ago, our kaupapa is to be the most trusted fund manager. We continually strive to exceed our clients’ expectations through service, investment performance, communication, transparency and a commitment to sustainability.
The Harbour team is highly successful with a strong family culture. As a small collaborative marketing and communications team, we are supportive, enjoy each other's company and have fun.
We’ve enjoyed consistent and ongoing growth and are expanding our team with this newly created role. The role
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications and working collaboratively with the whole Harbour team, you’ll deliver high quality communications and stakeholder engagement. This includes partnering with investment professionals to generate content ideas for diverse audiences of all different levels of investment expertise. Our clients span across charities, iwi, superannuation funds, banks, external financial advisers and a variety of individual investors.
This role will require the juggling of BAU tasks and assisting our team across a number of new innovative projects.
Day to day the responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing and implementing communications plans
- Distribution of digital communications – website and EDMs
- Social media and website copywriting
- Oversight of client reporting communications
- Word-smithing material such as presentations, proposals, and sponsored articles
- Fostering relationships with media – including pitching stories to journalists
- Supporting new and ongoing projects with communications advice and resources
- Assisting the development of videos - filming, editing, uploading and distribution of this medium as required
- Assisting with the coordination of our virtual and in-person events and roadshows
We are looking for a Communications Specialist with energy, initiative and self-motivation. You have an eye for interesting stories and the ability to make complicated concepts easier to understand.
You’ll have prior experience within communications; an elevated level of detail and accuracy in the work that you do; and you will also be happy to assist in projects across the wider team.
Our flat structure and collaborative culture means we are all willing to roll up our sleeves and pitch in to learn new things.
Skills and experience you’ll bring:
- Experience in communications, content creation and copywriting
- Strong writing and editing skills
- A deep understanding of how to write for specific audiences and speak our brand language
- Ability to meet deadlines, work collaboratively and juggle multiple projects at once
- Confidently engaging with key stakeholders, internal and external
- Comfortable operating in a heavily regulated industry and environment
- Tertiary qualification
You will ideally already have an interest in financial services, investing or economics or be keen to learn quickly about this area. Apply now
The role will be challenging yet exciting and provide the perfect platform for the right person to carve out their long-term career within the business. If you think you have what it takes, please apply with your resume and covering letter telling us what you’d bring to our team.
We are reviewing applications as we go and have partnered with Jamie Edmundson from Kin to fill this exciting role. If you have questions before applying, please contact her on +64 22 131 9176 or by emailing [email protected]