Mō Te Paewai - About Wellington UniVentures
We are Wellington UniVentures and we’re responsible for creating new ventures from Te Herenga Waka — Victoria University of Wellington’s research.
Building on our purpose—to lift lives everywhere with knowledge—Wellington UniVentures works with our University innovators to shape their research into initiatives that create impact. We do this by connecting them with partners, industry and investors to enable the growth and development of their idea or invention. With time, development and Wellington UniVentures’ support, these ideas can become life changing initiatives focused on solving problems and building stronger societies.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Our People & Culture Manager reports to the Head of People & Engagement and is a critical member of the People & Engagement Team and broader Wellington UniVentures team, leading all people focussed activities for Wellington UniVentures.
The People & Culture Manager provides proactive solutions for a broad scope of HR related activities, ensuring that our people have the support and processes in place to focus on their role, while creating a culture that prioritises our people’s career growth.
Working closely with people leaders and our teams across Wellington UniVentures, the People & Culture Manager has a range of responsibilities from strategically shaping a broad scope of HR priorities and activities to ensuring that day-to-day HR functions are delivered, including managing LEAP (our performance, development and reward programme) through to shaping all aspects of our employee experience.Ō pūmanawa - About you
We are looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to provide innovative and fresh employee centred solutions.
You'll bring energy, pragmatism, empathy and best practice HR to this role.
We’ll be looking to you as our HR leader and specialist to bring a wealth of experience and innovation to our people function.
Our perfect person will have some or all of the following education, experience and knowledge:
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
- Graduate qualification in a relevant area of study (business, human resources, management), or equivalent work-related experience.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in HR, operating at a senior level.
- Proven HR generalist career, including designing the strategic aspects of People and Culture, delivering across a range of functional HR areas and working alongside senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgement with sensitive/confidential issues, showing strong coaching, conflict resolution, relationship, and team building skills, and a proven ability to influence others.
- Can create new frameworks, approaches or programmes that are fit-for-purpose and best practice.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Comfortable using technology to work effectively and efficiently e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
In return for your experience, Wellington UniVentures can offer you fantastic benefits such as access to a wide variety of workshops for you to continue to learn and develop, subsidised onsite gym membership, free fantastic health and wellbeing events, and extra annual leave days.
If this role sounds like you, please apply now with a cover letter and your CV – we’d love to hear from you right away!
If you have any questions, you can reach out to our recruitment partner Jamie Edmundson at Kin on [email protected]We are committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all our staff and contractors. As part of our broader COVID-19 management strategy and to further protect the wellbeing of our staff, customers and partners from COVID-19, we support and encourage all our staff to be vaccinated. As at 15 November 2021, please be aware that any roles at Wellington UniVentures may be subject to COVID-19 vaccination requirements. If you have any concerns or questions about this, please talk to us.
Wellington UniVentures is committed to providing a working environment that embraces, values and reflects the diversity of the community it serves.