ThinkPlace, who are we?
ThinkPlace is a strategic design consultancy with a global network of studios, and a strong presence in Wellington Aotearoa. Our team of consultants are hugely passionate about making the world a better place, and we work with leaders from the public, private and NGO/not-for-profit sectors to make positive changes. In Aotearoa, we excel in design research, sense-making of complex systems and experiences, service systems transformation, and design-led collective impact and social innovation.
Our team of creatives tackle complex issues like climate change, disease prevention, and digital transformation, and thrive on working with likeminded colleagues and clients with a shared mutual purpose. The role, and what it’s all about.
The Workplace Experience Manager role is a little like that of a chief engineer, ensuring the ThinkPlace machine is well-oiled and can operate effectively. Your role will be wide ranging, incorporating elements of workspace management, health & safety, operational management, technical management/support, employee and client experience.
Our clients mean everything to us, and we regularly hold meetings and workshops in our studio. A large part of this role is that of host and being able to anticipate the diverse needs of our clients. You will be setting up for client meetings, greeting clients and assisting with catering and technology requirements. Essentially you will be the face of ThinkPlace to visitors and be a large part of extending manaaki to everyone, both internally and externally.
In addition, day to day you will (not a complete list):
Let’s talk about you
- Coordinate and manage internal and external events including celebratory, team, marketing and client events.
- Ensure all legislative health & safety requirements are met and manage policies and practices.
- Initiate, create and manage business systems and processes to improve efficiencies and support for employee and client project collaboration.
- Support our external HR Consultant and provide generalist HR support to the team as required.
- Provide light-touch EA support to the GM and Directors.
- Provide backup support for managing payroll for GM sign off and approval, and provide occasional backup finance support for invoicing, expense claims, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Be responsible for technology in general including acting as the first line of support for our team (laptops, mobiles, printers, software etc.).
- Ensure the smooth running of the office. This could be anything from ensuring the fridge is stocked with milk, to managing office workspace layouts.
At ThinkPlace we embrace all cultures, but of key importance is our Kahurangi – Cultural Development Programme. You will be someone who is already on their journey with Te Ao Māori, (or willing to learn), be proficient (or willing to learn) in Māori tikanga, and committed to upholding the partnership principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Furthermore, as we have a diverse range of clients, you should be someone who is proactive in ensuring other needs, cultures and traditions are observed as required (i.e., Pasifika, Islamic, disabilities etc).
In addition, we are looking for:
What’s in it for you?
- 5 years’ experience in an office management / operations type role.
- Someone who is professionally savvy, yet happy to help with all tasks big or small.
- A passion for creating a more equitable society and a healthier planet.
- A tertiary qualification will be highly regarded, but not essential.
- Familiar in working with a nimble business, and willing to pivot at the drop of a hat!
We offer a competitive salary package, discretionary bonus, and an inclusive highly engaged workplace culture.
We have partnered with Kin to fill this key position. Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know a bit about you and what you would bring to the role. If you have any questions before applying, please contact [email protected]
, or phone 022 069-5284. We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply today. You must have the right to work in New Zealand in order to apply for this role.