Venues Wellington is part of WellingtonNZ, the agency tasked with making the Wellington region wildly famous. Our organisation is shamelessly passionate about this wild and wonderful region we call home and we want to make it famous for being the most creative place in New Zealand to live, work, visit and play.
Across Wellington city, Venues Wellington manages six iconic venues that offer a diverse range of meeting places and spaces to deliver incredible performance and business events and experiences. The role
Based in the Michael Fowler centre, as our Business & Performance Events Sales Coordinator, you will be one of the first people our customers engage with as you provide sales co-ordination and support, driving events into our venues.
You’ll also manage a small portfolio of clients, specifically focused on meetings, social events, graduations, conferences and internal events across the Venues Wellington portfolio.
This is the ideal role for someone who has an interest in events, customer service and sales, and who is keen to develop their career in the events industry. Day to day you will be responsible for:
- Responding to phone or email queries
- Assist with planning and delivering events such as conferences, roadshows, seminars, concerts, and performances
- Preparing sales and event documentation (proposals, contracts, reports and floor plans)
- Linking the Events and Marketing & Communications teams, aiding in creating relevant and effective collateral and templates
- Building and maintaining key relationships with internal and external customers
- Coordinating or hosting site visits
- Assisting with sales and event reporting
This is one of those opportunities that can lead to anything - previous people in this role have grown and progressed to varied roles within the organisation. About you
You’re a people-person and a warm communicator who is capable of juggling multiple priorities. You’ll also have:
Why people love it here
- Previous experience working in events, customer service or sales, ideally in a coordination or support role
- A natural ability to delight and support others, providing positive energy and a can-do attitude
- Organisation skills and initiative in bucketloads – we want to see your curiosity and proactiveness!
- A keen attention to detail and the ability to anticipate needs
- A willingness to embrace change and be comfortable with some ambiguity
WellingtonNZ truly values its people and is committed to building an inclusive and collaborative culture where everyone can thrive. We also have flexible working options, a wellbeing programme, relaxed working environments that recognises and celebrates success, and encouragement to be yourself.
Check out some of the varied things we do in the video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Iamaf0QMBU If you think you have what it takes, what are you waiting for?
We've partnered with Kin to fill this exciting role. If you're ready to go, apply now with your CV and cover letter, or, if you have some questions, please contact Erina Jamieson on 027 471 0828 or [email protected] We will be responding to applications as they come through so apply today!