About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our team of Registrant Consultants responsible for assessing applications from internationally qualified nurses (IQNs) and determining whether these meet the requirements for registration as a nurse in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Our friendly, collaborative team is growing and we are currently looking for a number of exceptional people on both a full-time permanent and full-time 12-month fixed term basis. Part time work is also a possibility.
There is some flexibility to work from home; however, this is mostly an office-based role.
Day to day you will:
Skills & experience
- Assess applications for registration from IQNs
- Provide advice and support to queries regarding the pathway to registration
- Work closely with a Senior Registration Consultant to resolve complex issues
- Work within a small team, supporting one another as needed
You will have an understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and a passion to learn more.We're looking for someone who brings:
- An understanding of the importance of the internationally qualified nurse workforce for health and disability care delivery in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Critical thinking and an eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- The ability to work self-directed and collaboratively across the organisation
- The ability to deliver exceptional internal and external customer service
- Flexibility to respond effectively to complex situations in a dynamic environment
The Nursing Council of New Zealand is the independent regulator for nurses in New Zealand, with better and safer care for people at its heart.
We have an important mission and working for the Nursing Council is an exciting opportunity for you to use and grow your skills, while working with a team that has a true purpose and take pride in the work they do.
We are values driven and hold these close to our hearts. Our values are: Ka whakahōnore mātou i tō mātou whakahoatanga Tiriti
We honour our Tiriti partnership Mahi ngātahi ā mana
We work collaboratively and with integrity by respecting each other and the nursing professionWhai haepapa, whai tika
We are an accountable, effective and efficient Nursing Council
Arataki, ako, whakapai ake
We lead, learn and improve at all levels of the Nursing CouncilWairua tōkeke hauora
We set standards, codes of practice including cultural safety expectations that contribute to improved health equity for Māori We have great benefits including health insurance, additional leave days, and study support.
For the health and safety staff, the Council requires all employees to provide evidence that they are fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine, as set out in Schedule 3 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
If this role sounds like you then we’d love for you to get in contact!
Send us your CV and a cover letter telling us what makes you right for this role. If you have any questions, please contact Nicola on [email protected]
Applications close when we find the right applicant so don’t delay!