WellingtonNZ is the agency tasked with making the Wellington region wildly famous. Our organisation is shamelessly passionate about this wild and wonderful region we call home and want to make it famous as the most creative place in New Zealand to live, work, visit and play. About the role
In July 2023, New Zealand and Australia will co-host the FIFA Women’s World Cup, with Wellington being selected as one of the key host cities. The FIFA Women’s World Cup is one of the most significant sporting events in the world, featuring 32 nations, and an anticipated broadcast audience of over 1bn. Opportunities like this don’t come often and we want to ensure that Wellington capitalizes on the opportunity to showcase our fantastic region to the world while delivering a tournament that is talked about for years to come!
Your reputation as a strong relationship builder will see you guide and influence many stakeholders, ensuring strong connectivity across the region, bringing everyone on this exciting journey with us.
Day to day, this role will see you:
- Keeping stakeholders updated with the event, be it internally in the WellingtonNZ team or FIFA, or externally with hotels, travel agents, retailers, hospitality providers, iwi and sports teams and enthusiasts.
- Working with the wider team to create buzz around a variety of promotional events such as The Draw, FIFA Trophy Tour, FIFA Fan Festival and others
- Implementing a marketing and communications plan that captures all of Wellington’s obligations to FIFA and aspirations, and promoting the Wellington region as fabulous place to live and visit
- Contributing to the implementation of a city dressing plan for Wellington, maximizing the available city assets
- Developing social media content
- Telling stories beyond sport into food, music, and ideas through a world game that crosses over many demographics, interests, and lived experiences.
This opportunity is a fixed term position through to mid-September 2023. We are looking for someone who:
Why people love it here
- Has a passion and drive for all things Wellington
- An interest in sport, be it as an active participant, sideline enthusiast, or working in the industry
- Brings relevant expertise in actively developing and implementing marketing and communications plans
- Knows how to run end-to-end campaigns
- Comfortably takes the lead in communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, bringing people along on the journey
- Brings warmth and energy to their day
- Engages proactively and seeks out opportunities across a diverse community
- Works efficiently and gets things done
- Thinks outside the box in their ability to make Wellington a home of women’s sport.
As an equal opportunity employer, WellingtonNZ truly values its people and is committed to building an inclusive and collaborative culture where everyone can thrive. We also have flexible working options, a wellbeing programme, relaxed working environments that recognises and celebrates success, and encouragement to be yourself.
Check out our video here https://youtu.be/BuLJXoSLrHI If you think you have what it takes, what are you waiting for
? We've partnered with Kin to fill this exciting role. If you're ready to go, apply now with your CV and cover letter, or, if you have some questions, please contact Erina Jamieson on 027 471 0828 or [email protected] We will be responding to applications as they come through so apply today!