WellingtonNZ is the agency tasked with making the Wellington region wildly famous. Our organisation is shamelessly passionate about this wild and wonderful region we call home and want to make it famous as the most creative place in New Zealand to live, work, visit and play.
Our core values that underpin our work and guide team members' behaviour, are:
What you’ll do
- Do it together
- Dare to be different
- Show the passion
- Find the fun
- Focus on the customer
As the go-to person for all things people related, you’ll be part of a small but expert team where no two days will be the same!
You’ll deliver across a broad range of People and Culture activities and support projects, such as organisation design, change management, leadership development, and any other People & Culture initiatives and programmes of work.
We are continually growing so you’ll be instrumental in leading the delivery of our end-to-end recruitment process, from preparing job descriptions through to engaging with candidates, preparing employee agreements and revamping our onboarding programme.
You will also coach and advise our people and people leaders on all aspects of our employee lifecycle, including, but not limited to:
- Recruitment, onboarding and offboarding of WellingtonNZ employees
- Performance development process
- Remuneration process
- Learning and development
You’ll be a modern and fresh thinker on all things relating to people & culture; who cares deeply about the experience our employees have at work. You constantly strive to find better ways to attract, develop, nurture, and retain our team.
We are looking for a people care champion who has:
Why people love it here
- A relevant HR qualification and/or previous experience in an HR coordinator/generalist position
- Understanding of New Zealand employment legislation
- Previous experience or desire to become a specialist in Organisational Development and Employee Experience
- A natural talent for connecting and supporting employees through the full employee lifecycle
- Results-focused, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- An ability to connect meaningfully with a wide range of individuals
- An innovative and creative approach and a love for life-long learning
- A natural ability to plan and organise
- Excellent administration skills and high attention to detail and accuracy, including experience using HRIS, databases and Microsoft Office suite
WellingtonNZ truly values its people and is committed to building an inclusive and collaborative culture where everyone can thrive, have fun and make a difference. We have all the things you would expect from a great employer – flexible working options that can be tailor made for you, wellbeing programmes, relaxed working environments, and encouragement to be yourself. Apply today
We’ve partnered with Kin to find someone special for this role and applications close as soon as we find the right person. If you’d like to find out more before applying please call Jamie Edmundson on 022 131 9176 or email her at [email protected]
Apply now with your CV and a cover letter telling us a bit about you, and what interests you about our role. WellingtonNZ takes the health and safety of its staff, visitors and guests seriously and, following a health and safety risk assessment process, have mandated that all employees, visitors and guests entering our premises shall be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. You will be asked to provide proof of vaccination status prior to interviewing for this role. If you are unable to provide this, please contact us to discuss your individual circumstance.