WellingtonNZ is the agency tasked with making the Wellington region wildly famous. Our organisation is shamelessly passionate about this wild and wonderful region we call home and want to make it famous as the most creative place in New Zealand to live, work, visit and play.
We put a great deal of effort into making WellingtonNZ a great place to work, and you will be a key person in ensuring both customers and our team are supported in this. About the role
Based in our vibrant Wellington CBD office, you will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth running of our accounts. Reporting to our Accountant and supporting the wider team, this part time role will see you:
- Accurately processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cashbook entries.
- Reconciling statements for accounts payable, travel card and credit cards.
- Back-end reconciliations for Wellington iSite sales, stock & voucher charges.
- Supporting Accountant with end of month tasks and fortnightly payrolls
- Deliver IBIS and MYOB system reporting as needed
- Assisting the team with queries and information requests.
This role will be worked part time over 30 hours per week but need to be flexible to ensure key dates in our accounting calendar are met. About you
As a self-starter with a background in accounts administration, you’re able to work independently, and have a warm communication style. You’re organised, methodical, and understand how to work within necessary process.
Your background will show:
- Experience delivering quality accounts administration, ideally using MYOB Exonet. Having worked with project and/or sales accounts will be helpful.
- A keen attention to detail, able to navigate multiple streams of information from different sources and budgets.
- The ability to build relationships with a broad range of people, adjusting your communication style as needed
- Adaptive to change, with an eagerness to streamline and automate where necessary
- Exposure to payroll would be advantageous, but is not essential
Our core values are dear to us, and we’re looking for someone who shares these values too:
- Do it together
- Dare to be different
- Show the passion
- Find the fun
- Focus on the customer
The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $60,000 per annum, pro rata based on 30 hours per week worked. Why people love it here
WellingtonNZ truly values its people and is committed to building an inclusive and collaborative culture where everyone can thrive, have fun, and make a difference. We have all the things you would expect from a great employer – pragmatic flexibility, wellbeing programmes, relaxed working environments, and encouragement to be yourself. What next?
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of a diverse organisation all about making the Wellington region wildly famous, then click ‘apply now’ with your CV and covering letter. If you’d like to more about this role, we have chosen to partner with Kin so please drop Erina Jamieson a line on [email protected]
or 027 471 0828.
Applications close Tuesday 11 January 2022. We will be reviewing applications as they come through, however due to the holiday season, any 2021 applications will be reviewed after 5 January 2022.WellingtonNZ takes the health and safety of its staff and guests seriously. Some of our workforce are required by Government to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Whilst this role is not currently one of these, WellingtonNZ’s current risk assessments assess that this role should also be vaccinated or alternative methods of working adopted. If you are not able to provide proof of vaccination if successful in being appointed into this role, then please let us know at the time of application.