About the organisation:
Hutt Valley Women’s Refuge exists to drive solutions to the devastating problem of family violence in our community. Our vision is that all women, children and whānau in the Hutt Valley live free from family violence. We offer crisis support, safe houses, advocacy, education programmes, and more.
We are a small team with big ambition. We’re known for our crisis services. Going forward, we will drive initiatives that prevent family violence before it happens, working with our system partners. We’re looking for someone to work closely with the Refuge Lead, to enable the team and make we run smoothly. About the role:
This role could be full or part time (30 hours).
You will deliver operations that help us run smoothly and deliver big impact for our community.
We need someone with:
- Process finances, support financial control.
- Manage tools, facilities and supplies.
- Keep employment records and support HR processes.
- Welcome people, field queries, and connect clients to services.
- Coordinate and thank volunteers and donors.
- Support compliance, reporting and auditing.
- Help organise marketing and fundraising activities.
- a passion for eliminating family violence, supporting women and children, and/or the Hutt Valley
- good, positive energy
- discretion and integrity
- the ability to anticipate needs and find solutions
- an appetite for varied work
- good knowledge of financial and employment processes
- a willingness to figure things out, learn and grow.
If you like the sound of this role, and want to make a real impact for women and children in the Hutt Valley, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
today. We are reviewing applications as we go.
Given the nature of our work and workplace, covid vaccination is strongly encouraged and might be required.