At Flint, we’re passionate about helping kiwis build better financial futures. We’re at the most exciting part of our journey – the beginning! Now is the best time to join our team and have a massive impact on the future of our business.
A bit about us...
Flint is a fintech start-up on a mission to build better financial futures for kiwis through providing both insights and opportunities to invest in industry-leading funds. Our platform supports investors to build portfolios they can be confident in, by providing powerful insights into funds and your portfolio. In short, we’re working to build New Zealand’s smart investment assistant.
Our platform has undergone an intense and rapid series of feedback sessions with potential users as we prepare for launch within the coming months. It’s an exciting time, and we are looking for an Operations Specialist to join us for our next phase of growth, and beyond!
Let’s talk about the role...
Much of the ground-breaking work of putting in place initial operations procedures has been completed, however there is still work to be done, as we prepare for our full product launch. Initially this will be a sole charge role, though there is future potential to build out a team as the company grows. Not only that, but for the right person there will be a wide range of ways to progress your career within the wider operations field, such as management, analysis, risk and compliance… the future opportunities will be there as the company scales up.
We’re looking for someone who will:
And about you...
- Focus on processes and procedures, fine tuning existing and implementing new ones as the company moves towards product launch
- Oversee AML/CFT and ensures we comply with all appropriate NZ regulations
- Help define risk and compliance responsibilities
- General operations daily duties
- Attend committee meetings with senior leadership team as required
- Be prepared to turn your hand to anything within this small growing team
Attitude is everything! We’re looking for an ambitious go-getter, who’s prepared to roll up their sleeves to ensure the business is operationally ready for our impending launch! You will be someone who takes the initiative, and no task will be too big or too small.
You will be a critical thinker, enjoy a challenge and know how to manage initiatives from idea to execution. This is an autonomous role, so you must have a strong mix of confidence and financial markets knowledge. We are open to the extent of your operations experience; however, you must have a strong understanding of the broader operations function.
- A deep knowledge of NZ regulatory framework and requirements
- Solid proven [DS1]experience of AML/CFT
- Experience within at least one of the operations disciplines, i.e., AML/CFT, Analysis, Risk and Compliance etc (broad experience preferred)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A finance based tertiary qualification is preferred
- An interest in investing, the tech sector, or both!
This is an exciting time for Flint as we ramp up our growth journey. If you are an accomplished Operations professional who is looking for a nimble, start-up environment, come and join us!
We have partnered with Kin to fill this exciting role, please contact Natasha Symonds on [email protected]
or 022 069 5284 with any questions. We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply now!