Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
Te Aka Matua o te Ture | Law Commission is an Independent Crown Entity that undertakes law reform projects and provides reports and advice to the Government. Our role is to promote the systematic review, reform and development of the law of Aotearoa New Zealand. Our vision is to create better law for Aotearoa New Zealand through independent review.
Te tūranga: The role
- Being part of a small, friendly team of professionals committed to our vision
- Strategic and operational activities and corporate projects
- Independent working, while building strong relationships both internally and externally
- Commitment to your continued learning and development
We are looking for a well-rounded, people-centric General Manager to take responsibility for the corporate service functions of the Commission. This is a full-time position working closely with a range of people, including Commissioners. The General Manager plays an important part in ensuring the smooth running of the Commission’s day to day operations and its ability to deliver law reform reports and advice. Alongside Commissioners, the General Manager is a key senior leader for Commission staff.
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the corporate functions of the Commission, reporting to the Chief Executive (who is also the President of the Commission) and the Board of the Commission. He kōrero mōu: About you
You are a natural leader who easily builds relationships. You have a high level of organisational skill and can see the big picture across all operations and projects, managing multiple priorities.
As well as a successful track record in senior leadership you will also bring:
- Financial management skills
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality reports
- Crown Entity or broader public sector experience or understanding
- Experience in leading business support services (e.g. Information Management, ICT and HR)
- Proven experience working with and reporting to a Board
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with others
Entry to New Zealand from all countries remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may only apply for this role if you have the right to work in New Zealand. For information about New Zealand work or residence visas, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Te Aka Matua o te Ture | Law Commission is a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We’ve partnered with Kin to fill this important role. If you’d like to find out more before applying, please contact Jamie Edmundson on [email protected]
or 022 131 9176.
You can find out more about us and download a copy of the job description by visiting our website www.lawcom.govt.nz Applications will close on Friday 22nd October at 5PM, so don’t delay in applying with your CV and a cover letter