The Horowhenua Learning Centre offers a wide range of academic and employment programmes to prepare people for the modern workplace. Our mission is to provide quality programmes leading to higher learning and employment and we offer learners the opportunity to build their confidence and credentials for employment and further study.
We are looking for an HR Administrator who is keen to be part of our mission; read on if that’s you! About the role
Reporting to the Finance and Operations Manager, this newly created role is key to the smooth running of our HR and payroll functions. Day to day, this role will:
- Coordinate and run induction for our new starters
- Assist managers with the annual performance review and professional development processes
- Prepare documentation and correspondence such as letters of offer, IEAs, and job descriptions
- Maintain HR related policies and filing
- Process fortnightly payroll and maintain leave records
- Assist with special projects
This role is part time, around 25 to 30 hours per week, and we are happy to discuss how you’d spread this across the week. About you
You will be an experienced HR Administrator with a natural ability to coordinate and juggle multiple priorities. You’ll also be a self-starter, with a focus on people, and a strong attention to detail. Ideally, you will have:
- A related tertiary qualification
- Around 2 - 3 years of experience in HR administration
- Payroll systems experience (we use IMS)
- A natural ability with technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven customer service skills
- An honest, can-do attitude, with an ability to maintain confidentiality
In return, we offer a fun, friendly, and caring work environment with a supportive team. We also provide a wellness allowance, and you can have your birthday off!
If this part time role sounds perfect for you, then apply today with your CV and cover letter, telling us a bit about you and your fit for the role. Or, if you have any questions, you can contact our recruitment partner at Kin, Tracey Fletcher, on [email protected]
We are reviewing applications as we go, so apply now!