If you live in Wellington, we’re sure you will have heard of us - perhaps you even use our services daily? For those who are new to our crew, welcome to the world of The Cable Car.
Wellington Cable Car Ltd (WCCL) proudly owns, operates, and maintains Wellington’s iconic Cable Car. Wellington Cable Car is one of New Zealand’s only running funicular railways provides a must do tourist attraction to the Cable Car Summit, whilst at the same time serving daily commuters travelling from central Wellington to VUW and Kelburn.
WCCL is a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO) owned by Wellington City Council (WCC) and is tasked with being kaitiaki (custodians) of one of Wellington’s taonga (treasures) whilst ensuring the service remains safe and reliable.
Wellington Cable Car Ltd is a purpose and core values driven organisation. The benefits
Aside from working with a truly connected team, and on a product that is second to none and continually evolving – you’ll enjoy a range of other benefits such as:
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll enjoy being self-led each day
- We support your professional and personal development – we are continuously improving and expect you will be as well
- We’re one big family – inclusive, fair, respectful and we keep each other honest with the odd team debate. These are the kinds of behaviours you will experience being part of our whanau
- 15-20 hours per week with loads of flexibility
As the Sales & Marketing Executive
you are responsible for executing sales and marketing strategies to build on Wellington Cable Car's current customer base. Getting more people to experience and ride the Cable Car is your primary mission. You maintain a close watch on our digital presence and ensure any questions are answered quickly and accurately. When issues are raised, you pass it on to the relevant people and help to identify solutions and respond to customers.
You are the gatekeeper for external communications and ensure that they are on brand, clear and concise. What you’ll need to do it
What’s also key to your success is a strong desire to collaborate, second to none interpersonal skills, your flexible and adaptable nature and creative and innovative approach. We enjoy round tabling ideas here, so resilience and an open mind is essential to the success of our endeavors. We’re hoping to find someone who is curious to experience the ride with us. About you
As a Sales & Marketing Executive
you are expected to have/be:
- A team player who will always look for opportunities to improve WCCL sales & marketing
- A customer-centric ethos and approach to doing things.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for Sales, Marketing and Comms
- An understanding of commercial trends and marketing strategies.
- Exceptional organisation and prioritisation skills
If we have your interest, please feel free to apply directly attaching your CV and Cover Letter. Alternatively, get in touch for a confidential discussion with [email protected]
to arrange a time to chat. Applications close when we find the right candidate, so don’t delay in applying.