Storypark creates tools for educators, early childhood education services and families to collaboratively document, share, discuss and strengthen the learning and development of children. Our purpose is to help every child fulfil their unique potential, by connecting and empowering the community around them.
It’s a really exciting time for us! We’re well established as market leaders in the early childhood online education space in New Zealand and Australia, and we’re now on a mission of global expansion to deepen the impact our product creates. The opportunity
We’re looking for an experienced technical leader who’s driven to make a difference for millions of children and their communities.
Your visionary technical leadership and deep knowledge of technology and infrastructure will ensure we can deliver quality and secure experiences for customers all over the world.
In collaboration with our Head of Engineering and the engineering leadership team you’ll develop and execute technology strategies that anticipate new trends, increase profitability and leverage data to meet both our short and long-term objectives.
Reporting directly to our CEO and as a key member of the leadership team you’ll help us develop and deliver a business strategy that utilises technology to have a meaningful impact at scale. We’ll look to you to build strong relationships across the business in particular product, to support our ideas and visions and ensure their viability.
Your expertise in platform sustainability, operational efficiency and great architecture will allow us to implement evidence-based discovery and delivery processes for continual iteration and improvement. Key Accountabilities
As a key leader you’ll help to guide Storypark into our next chapter as we expand our global reach and deepen our impact.
What you’ll bring:
- envision and communicate a plan that leverages technology to create a better future for children and their communities
- develop and oversee the implementation of our technology strategy
- be a future focussed leader ensuring you’re across industry trends and emerging technologies
- provide technical leadership at executive and board level
- create and define the technical roadmap working closely with our CPO so that these resources are aligned
- partner with our COO to lead the governance and operational processes surrounding our technology, data and cyber security
- lead the team in identifying, comparing, selecting, and implementing tech solutions to meet current and future needs
- partner with our Head of Engineering to ensure development pathways for our engineering group
- ensure all technology practices, data privacy and security adhere to regulatory standards and local market law
- collaborate with the team designing and developing new solutions to ensure scalability
- negotiate and build advantageous technical partnerships with third party partners and vendors
- ensure risk mitigation strategies are in place.
- structure and manage company-wide technology budgets, policies, procedures and standards.
We don't expect you to tick all the boxes, but we will be looking for demonstrated strength in a range of areas, including:
Working at Storypark
- Passionate about improving educational outcomes and having a global impact.
- 10+ years of leadership experience demonstrating a track record of implementing complex cross-functional processes and delivery of innovative technology solutions.
- a highly collaborative leadership style, with the ability to unite people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- demonstrated experience architecting and managing scalable, reliable and secure software products
- a balance of intuition of what will work with rigorous analysis of data
- a creative and adaptive approach to problem solving
- a strong business acumen and financial capability, you evaluate the commercial value of a tech problem and make strategic trade offs
- experience with third party technology vendors and leading complex contractual negotiations
- a calming nature and ability to lead through ambiguity and uncertainty.
Storypark is committed to creating a diverse, respectful, caring, safe and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We love that we can celebrate different perspectives, this makes us a stronger team. We welcome people with diverse backgrounds to join us. In joining our team you’ll enjoy:
- A competitive salary
- flexible working hours
- regular compensation reviews – great work is rewarded
- fuel yourself with breakfast, lunch, drinks and snacks from our well stocked kitchen
- flexible holidays
- Macbooks are our standard but we’re happy to get you whatever tools you need
- a relaxed office environment with flexible spaces to work and play
- we believe in building strong relationships across teams with lots of events, shared lunches and celebrations
- we also offer relocation assistance for people joining us from other areas
- we'll push and grow you to learn new skills, collect new experiences, and refine your craft.
We’ve partnered with Kin on this exciting opportunity, so click on “apply now” with your CV and Cover letter, or for a confidential chat please contact [email protected]