About the role
WellingtonNZ is the agency tasked with making the Wellington region wildly famous. Our organisation is shamelessly passionate about this wild and wonderful region we call home and want to make it famous as the best place in New Zealand to live, work, visit and play.
The Wellington region includes the Wairarapa, which is where this role is located. You’ll be supporting the delivery of the Wairarapa Economic Development Strategy, a joined-up approach connecting our community’s workforce, education and business development together across the Wairarapa.
Day to day you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Programme Manager and Chair of the Wairarapa Governance Group in delivering key outcomes
- Co-ordinating Governance Group meetings, ensuring everyone is prepped and ready at the right place and time
- Supporting the Wairarapa Regional Skills Development Group and sector working groups to create work pathways for young people into businesses in the Wairarapa economy
- Any administration or co-ordination that arises from the work programme – this may involve taking and distributing minutes and agendas etc
- Keeping the programmes humming – you anticipate needs and act accordingly, removing any administrative fatigue, helping keep the Group working to agreed timelines
- Reporting as needed.
You’re highly-organised, and love keeping your finger on the pulse. You’re a warm communicator, and are comfortable engaging with a wide range of people. You’ll also have:
Why people love it here
- Previous experience working in a support or co-ordination role, ideally within a project or programme environment
- The ability to pre-emptively identify where a hold-up may occur and act to mitigate this
- Initiative in bucketloads – we want to see your curiosity and proactiveness!
- A keen attention to detail
- A willingness to embrace change and be comfortable with some ambiguity
- The confidence to challenge and drive where needed
WellingtonNZ truly values its people and is committed to building an inclusive and collaborative culture where everyone can thrive, have fun and make a difference.
We have all the things you would expect from a great employer – pragmatic flexibility, wellbeing programmes, relaxed working environments, and encouragement to be yourself.
Our core values are dear to us, and we’re looking for someone who shares these values too:
- Do it together
- Dare to be different
- Show the passion
- Find the fun
- Focus on the customer
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of a diverse organisation all about enabling the Wairarapa region to thrive, then click “apply now” with your CV and covering letter. If you’d like to more about this role, we have chosen to partner with Kin so please drop Erina Jamieson a line on [email protected]
or 027 471 0828.
Applications close Wednesday 29 September