A bit about us…
Our vision is a natural environment in which native species survive, thrive and flourish, free from the threat and destruction of introduced pests. Goodnature is constantly working to 'take a stand for nature'. Developing products that make it easy for everyone to create sanctuaries in their backyard, however big or small. We’re committed to providing pragmatic solutions to one of our most serious environmental problems - biodiversity decline. This is through the clever design and manufacture of automatic, toxin-free traps that humanely kill pests and then reset themselves. Check out our website to find out more www.goodnature.co.nz. The role
This is a newly created role that will join our expanding New Product Development (NPD) team, primarily supporting our engineers and designers to research and develop new products for mass production that are effective, humane and minimise non-target risk.
This is a varied and interesting role that, depending on the stage of product development, will see you:
A bit about you...
- Work alongside stakeholders in the learning and strategic validation phase to understand how the target animal(s) will interact with the product and how this interaction can be optimised to make the most effective trap possible
- Work through problem discovery during product development
- Plan, perform and evaluate your own field trials
- Perform research and filter and analyse information to produce a recommendation in the form of a report
- Advise on the design of new products to ensure humaneness/improve effectiveness
- Validate prototypes in the field
- Manage and mentor a small team of field staff
- Write reports for funders...and much more!
Reporting to the Technical Lead, we are looking for an exceptional communicator who:
- Has the ability to be our expert on animal behaviour and how to make traps effective and humane while minimizing risk to non targets.
- Isn’t squeamish around rodents
- Has an understanding of how trapping works with a desire to learn more (about domestic and large scale trapping)
- Has an understanding of rodent behaviour and a desire to learn more about rodents and other target species
- Loves the environment and is keen to make a difference in NZ and global conservation
- Is comfortable working in the field
- Can analyse data from field trials including basic statistical analysis
- Can write high quality reports on trials including for external funders.
This is more than just a job, it’s understanding our mission and living it. We are controlling predators around the world and saving species while we do it.Apply now
We are reviewing applications as we go and have partnered with Kin to fill this exciting role. If you are excited at the thought of being part of a fast growing, forward thinking organisation that is supporting and protecting precious biodiversity, please apply with your cover letter and CV today.
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams.
If you have some questions before applying, please contact Jamie Edmundson at [email protected]
or +64 22 131 9176.