Our aim at Dragonfly Data Science is to do good things with data. The outcomes of our work have a long-lasting impact on New Zealand and the rest of the world. We work at the cutting edge of data science practice; specialising in statistical analysis and machine learning, and supported by solid software engineering, clear communication, and creative flair. We’re engaged by our clients for a wide range of projects across different sectors, including marine science, decision support and natural language processing. Our talented team is made up of data scientists, mathematicians, marine and fisheries scientists, geospatial analysts, software developers and digital designers. The opportunity
We're growing, and have big plans for the future. So we’re searching for someone who will support us to get there in the most efficient way. You’ll be at the centre of the team and will be involved in projects and tasks across the company. You'll have great autonomy and responsibility in this busy and varied role that will likely evolve over time as we grow. Your day may involve:
What you'll bring:
- supporting project coordination and contract administration across different workflows;
- providing financial, payroll and project administration support on Xero and WorkflowMax;
- ensuring efficient business systems and processes, that actions are progressed and nothing is missed;
- supporting our senior managers and CEO with diary coordination, meetings, recruitment and travel bookings;
- managing facilities and the day-to-day operations of the office;
- coordinating and managing all client and team events;
- contributing to our health and safety framework that ensures the team remains safe and well.
- a few solid years’ experience in a similar role of office administration, project coordination or EA/PA;
- prior experience with Xero and WorkflowMax or similar systems;
- a natural affinity for people and processes with a talent for efficiency;
- the ability to problem solve and take initiative, anticipating the needs of the team;
- strong organisational and planning skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- an achievement focus with energy, drive, and positivity;
- exceptional communication skills;
- knowledge of, or interest in learning, tikanga māori
Payroll processing experience would be advantageous.What we offer
This position is a chance to be part of a smart and talented team that is doing interesting and innovative work on both a NZ and international scale. We value and reward unique skills and strengths, and are committed to supporting our people to learn and grow.
In joining our team, you will be based in our Wellington office, with some flexibility around the hours worked in the office and at home. We have an inclusive and kind culture and enjoy social team activities and events. We offer 5 weeks annual leave and a competitive salary.
We'll be reviewing applications as we go, so please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know why you will be a terrific addition to our team, and the best person for this job. We’ve partnered with Kin to fill this exciting role. For more information please contact Stacey Aubry on [email protected]