Life at Z
Z is a proudly owned Kiwi Company who provide energy solutions to both commercial and retail consumers. We truly believe customer experience matters in our strategy, capability development and investment decisions. We're creating and continually developing products and digital channels our customers will love and that make their lives easier.
We believe that if we want to be a world class Kiwi Company, we shouldn’t just employ people, divide them into functional departments and tell them what to do. Instead, we defined a purpose - Solving what matters for a moving world - and go about achieving this by setting clear goals and expectations and embracing diversity of thought.
Based in Wellington the External Communications & Government Relations Manager is Z’s ‘go-to-communications’ expert: someone who can develop and implement engaging communication strategies across a variety of platforms. You’ll be well connected and be comfortable telling Z’s story within the public domain in a compelling and creative way and aligned with our values. Your curiosity about our industry and your highly influential writing style will bring Z’s brand and capabilities to life.
Your strong mana, relationship building, and communication skills will be critical to your success in this role. You will be the primary contact for government relations and be at the forefront of Z’s media responses. If you are looking for a position where growth and opportunity are boundless, this is the role for you.
We’re looking for someone with
- Proven experience in government relations as well as working with Ministerial offices
- Media spokesperson experience
- Mastery in verbal and written communication
- An understanding of capital markets
- Corporate communications experience
- A background in journalism, public relations or government communications would be an advantage
- Deep understanding of the process of government
- Crisis and issues management communications experience
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of a rapidly changing industry with huge opportunities
- A competitive remuneration package including short-term incentive
- Fully subsidised medical insurance for you and your family
- 5% employer contribution for KiwiSaver
- Two days a year to do good in your hood, through our volunteering scheme, a change to help others in your community in a meaningful way to you
- Career development investment
- Generous leave provisions including enhanced parental leave benefits and the option to buy additional leave
Our flexible working approach and Rainbow Tick and Gender Tick accreditations - backed by our strong company values, Stand Up Tū Kaha, Speak Out Tū Maia, Side by Side Tū Kotahi - have created an open and inclusive workplace that promotes personal development, and is underpinned by a desire for our people and our communities to succeed.
We’re distinctive in our approach and if you’re up for a challenge, we’d love you to be part of it. If this sounds like a place you believe you can add value and grow your own capability, then make sure you read Our Why, it’s our founding document and provides further insights in what it means to be part of the Z whānau. If Z feels like a good match for your head and your heart, come join us for one heck of a journey!
Whakauru | Apply
We’ve partnered with Kin to support us with this key opportunity, so if this sounds like you, please ‘apply now’ with your CV and a cleverly crafted cover letter telling us why you’re that special someone. Or contact [email protected]
022 689 9078 for more information. We will be reviewing CVs as we go so apply now!