New Zealand Green Investment Finance (NZGIF) is a Crown-owned company established to accelerate investment that reduces greenhouse gas emissions. Based on the globally recognised green bank model, NZGIF is an independent limited liability company.
NZGIF has a broad mandate and ability to invest flexibly, backed by a Board of experts in the banking, financial markets, impact and green investment sectors and a great team of investment professionals.
NZGIF has an exciting future of growth ahead with a vision of ultimately creating a net zero carbon New Zealand. Never has there been a more opportune time to be making green investments. About the role
NZGIF are looking for an experienced Policy and Communications Advisor to play a key role in ensuring that NZGIF’s purpose and achievements are visible to the market, our shareholders and stakeholders.
You’ll do this by directly engaging with Government and non-Government stakeholders, gaining market insights and updates on policy developments, multi-agency programmes and partnerships to then develop persuasive engagement strategies and plans.
Weekly your work may look a little like this:
- engaging with key stakeholders to understand policy developments across Government and the wider climate change policy landscape
- identifying trends and areas of risk to enable NZGIF to act and respond swiftly
- developing ministerial reports, submissions, publications and case studies
- producing statutory documentation such as annual and quarterly reports and ministerial reports
- responding to OIAs and parliamentary questions
- producing press releases, speeches and opinion pieces for our CEO, CIO and Board.
- strategic design and development support to the Head of Communications, of content to raise NZGIF’s profile and reputation with key audiences.
You’re a proactive go-getter who thrives in fast-paced environments. You can confidently seek out, build and leverage solid stakeholder relationships. You’ll be politically savvy and have a depth of experience in a similar role drawing on strong business writing skills and translating complex information into compelling content that ensures we are reaching out to the market effectively.
Naturally you’ll have:
- a deep understanding of policy or finance landscapes with the ability to monitor market trends and policy developments
- influencing skills with the ability to gain advocacy from key audiences
- an analytical and growth mindset
- curiosity to ask the right questions, uncovering the critical information our audiences seek
- expertise on how to write for a specific audience and speak our brand language
- self-driven and motivated
- the ability to strike a balance between efficiency and thoroughness in order to produce considered and impactful content and communication.
This role will see you working in a fast paced and purpose driven environment developing engagement plans and strategies that are working towards a low carbon future for New Zealand.
We have partnered with Kin to help us fill this role. If this sounds like just the role for you, then apply now with your CV and expertly crafted cover letter telling us why. Applications close 23rd July.
For further information please reach out to Jamie at [email protected]