About the role
As Venue Manager, you will be responsible for managing our venues during an event, including pack in and pack out as well as the successful delivery of the event. This includes driving the venue setup and presentation and providing excellent customer service for our clients and guests and ensuring all work taking place in the venue is performed in a safe way.
Reporting to the Senior Venue Manager, you will work across our Wellington venues and be involved in:
We are looking for someone who:
- Taking responsibility for the venue during an event, including the people, the equipment, and the state and presentation of the venues.
- Work proactively with our clients, acting as their main point of contact during the delivery of their event, to ensure that we deliver fully on our obligations, and their needs are met.
- Managing relationships with supply partners and contractors, Venues Wellington team members, customers and clients, to ensure our venues are well cared for and events are safely and successfully delivered
- Provide on the floor guidance and leadership to our team members working at events/venues
- Is passionate about delivering a great event experience for clients and guests.
- Has experience working with multiple teams and stakeholders in an event or venue setting, including leading teams in a transparent and respectful way
- Is a team player and has strong relationship management skills
- Has excellent communication skills with the ability to adjust their communication style and delivery to suit the audience.
- Is highly organised with strong planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Is solutions-focused and has ability to think outside the box, and remain calm and composed when under pressure
- Is flexible and adaptable with working hours. This role involves early starts, evening and/or weekend work while events are running.
WellingtonNZ is the agency tasked with making the Wellington region wildly famous. Our organisation is shamelessly passionate about this wild and wonderful region we call home and want to make it famous as the most creative place in New Zealand to live, work, visit and play.
Venues Wellington is a business unit of WellingtonNZ and responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, The Opera House, TSB Arena, Shed 6 and Academy Galleries. Why people love it here
As an equal opportunity employer, WellingtonNZ truly values its people and is committed to building an inclusive and collaborative culture where everyone can thrive. We also have flexible working options, a wellbeing programme, relaxed working environments that recognises and celebrates success, and encouragement to be yourself.
Our WellingtonNZ core values that are important to us and guide our team members’ behaviour, are:
- Doing it together
- Dare to be different
- Show the passion
- Find the fun
- Focus on the customer
Check out some of the varied things we do in the video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Iamaf0QMBU To apply:
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of a diverse organisation all about making the Wellington region wildly famous, then apply now with your CV and cover letter letting us know why you will be a terrific addition to our team.
We’re partnered with Kin to fill this exciting role. For more information please contact Stacey Aubry on [email protected] Please note that only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.