Big Buddy runs an award winning mentoring programme, which matches adult male mentors with boys who have no male role models in their family/whanau. We are a social service agency committed to making a practical and meaningful difference in these young men’s lives. About the role:
You will be inspired by the impact of your work, as you support the successful delivery of the Big Buddy programme in this role. Working closely with the programme team you will:
- answer inquiries from volunteers and families and referrers
- manage processes to enhance exceptional relationships between our team, volunteers, boys and their families
- administer both male volunteer and family/whanau applications
- interview volunteer character referees and transcribe volunteer interviews
- work with the Volunteer Co-ordinator to organise and manage our community events
- support the design and delivery of programme resources, documents and material.
- provide administrative support for our programme team.
What you will receive:
- exceptional relationship and communication skills
- able to work autonomously, while contributing to team goals
- strong administrative ability, organisation skills, with experience in project or event management
- a positive attitude to learning and development
- indepth experience in community work, NFP, counselling and/or the education sector
- advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software
- you take pride in all aspects of your work, and your values and purpose align with those of Big Buddy
- a positive environment, where your professional and personal development will be supported
- we genuinely respect work/life balance and offer five weeks' annual leave, and some flexible work arrangements
- a salary in the mid-late 50s depending on experience and skills.
We will hire as soon as we find the right person, so check us out online - www.bigbuddy.org.nz - and if you feel like we are the next step on your journey, please apply now. If you have questions before applying, please call Stephanie Patterson from Kin on 027 215 3576.