Modica Group is a cloud-based enterprise messaging provider working with clients and partners around the globe. We provide secure, high volume, enterprise message solutions to help businesses large and small connect with their customers and have better 2-way conversations via mobile. Our platform connects to every mobile network around the world, allowing our customers to reach every handset and device via secure API or hosted application.
We have a growth culture; one founded on innovation, nimbleness, and a desire to be the best in every market we play in and have a truly global focus. We’re proud to have a team that are experts in their fields, passionate to drive change and living our values of pragmatism, change, tough love, doing the right thing, playing nicely and having fun. About the opportunity
Due to our continued growth and global expansion, we are growing our existing security team. As Security Specialist you will be responsible for the protection of our data, information and key services and developing and upholding best practice cyber security practices. This is a green fields opportunity with strong endorsement from Senior Leadership where you can help design the future of our security from the ground up. You will do this by:
- Delivering an elite security posture to best support our globally dispersed teams, channel partners and customers.
- Thinking like an “attacker” to protect and defend critical services from evolving threats.
- Developing protective and defensive processes and procedures and implementing security systems.
- Supporting the Head of Security and working closely with the Senior Leadership and Operations teams to incorporate security and privacy by design.
- Collaborating with our sales and service delivery teams and engage with our customers to provide insight and assurance into Modica’s security improvements.
- Ongoing maintenance of policies and standards.
- Conducting and presenting research on security enhancements and development efforts.
With a thirst for learning and continuous development you keep up to date with cyber security trends and threats. You are an innovative thinker, who can approach security in new and different ways outside of a traditional security framework.
You are confident in communicating and building relationships with customers and wider internal teams, engaging in a way that is meaningful and consultative.
You will thrive in a fast-paced, high trust, high performance environment, whilst being flexible enough to be hands-on and not afraid to ‘roll your sleeves up’ and get stuck in. You will bring:
- Three to five years of experience in cyber-security.
- Practical experience of cloud computing and computer operating systems especially AWS, UNIX/Linux, macOS & IOS.
- Experience in identifying gaps in existing process, procedures and architectures.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, especially ISO/IEC 27001, but also NIST, CSF & SOC.
- Experience delivering on information security programs to adhere to an international standard or framework.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills – you can write detailed reports in clear, digestible language and present these to a wide audience.
- The ability to build and maintain lasting professional relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
A background in SaaS/ PaaS environment would be advantageous. Security experience working in a business that is single platform multi-tenanted would also be highly desirable. Apply today
In joining Modica, you’ll become part of a highly engaged and focused team, driven by success and by delighting our customers. We work hard, celebrate success, have fun, but overall, we are all motivated by the common goal of being the best in the markets we play in.
If you’re excited by the opportunity to join a greenfields security program for a
dynamic, growing organisation then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know why you will be a terrific addition to our team, and the best person for this job.
We’ve partnered with Kin to fill this role so for more information please contact Jamie Edmundson at [email protected]
or on 022 132 9176